Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Rack for Illusion Tower

AbFlyFish

I need to get a new rack for my Illusion Tower to hold my surfboard. The racks I have are not deep enough. Where is a good place to buy online?

Thanks.

i got my Skylon racks at www.wakeside.com

probably lots of other places. might save you some shipping money if you have a local ski shop!?

I store my surfboards up under the bimini with soft surfboard car racks.

They wrap around (not all the way around the front) the tower and velco closed (you will need some more velcro for the front). Has a great little system to tighten them up.

Works great and is way less expensive than metal racks!! It holds both my boards.

http://beckersurf.com/rac-roll/70494

surfboardrack001.jpg

surfboardrack002.jpg

surfboardrack003.jpg

The only thing I wished were different is the foam wrap is vinyl and sticks to the boards, it would be better as a towel/terry material.

I did have to add some velcro around the front pad.

in the thrid pic i lowered the boards, so you can see the pads on the tower.

WakeChick3, love the idea, might end up with a surf board and a kneeboard up there. Can you still rollup the bimini with the board up there?

in the thrid pic i lowered the boards, so you can see the pads on the tower.

WakeChick3, love the idea, might end up with a surf board and a kneeboard up there. Can you still rollup the bimini with the board up there?

I don't see why not, since the bimini is all above the tower. I have not tried, we keep the bimini up all the time unless we are going on a long haul.