Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

oil pressure sensor help

Well a couple of weeks ago I broke the oil pressure sensor on my 08 Indmar Monsoon, so I thought I had found the right one on skidim and ordered it, only to find out that the threaded parts on the new one is much smaller than the old one, the plastic connections are right though. Ive searched their site and cannot find the right part. Can anyone find this part for me. Not blaming skidim, heck I ordered the part, I just want to get the right one now.

couple of pics

new on the right, old on the left

oilsensor.jpg

oilsensor007.jpg

Looks like you need a 1/4 x 1/8 brass bushing - I'm sure you can pick one up at a local hardware store or get one from skidim - here's there part: http://www.skidim.com/prodinfo.asp?number=RS3676

Thanks Gary, I had seen that and wondered if thats the way I should go. I just figured they would have the right part all in one without the need of another adaptor.

The broken sensor is a straight thread o'ring fitting , not pipe thread. Don't try pipe thread in that hole. The new sensor you have looks like 1/8 pipe. Call skidim & ask even if you don't see it online. They can probably still help you.

I see they are $55 at Skidim. You might want to call your Malibu dealer, ask them for the Indmar pressure switch, part #551371. It's only $40.

Peter

I see they are $55 at Skidim. You might want to call your Malibu dealer, ask them for the Indmar pressure switch, part #551371. It's only $40.

Peter

I would have went that route to begin with, but Ive never recieved anything from them in less than a month and Im still waiting on a dash piece from them that I ordered 6 months ago.

Where did you get that part # Peter?

Edit

Nevermind, I know how you got it now LOL

Thanks for everyones help.

Edited by txdyna65

I know many folks think the dealer is automatically going to be high priced on parts. If we at least give the dealer a chance we might get:

(a) Correct Parts

(B) Correct parts that cost less be cause we did not have shipping cost to return Wrong parts

© Correct parts the first time at less or maybe a bit higher cost.

How can we expect local dealers to stay in business if we are not willing to give them a chance to sell us parts or service? If someone has a local dealer that can't get the correct parts or really is robbing you on price we have a few dealers that participate on this site and they are very helpful to help solve lots of problems for forum members. How about contacting them for parts sometime!