Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

led modification

wakbord11

does anyone have a good contact for some led's to replace the interior lighting in the gunnels, etc. i TRIED to support one of our "members" on this site and use their business,,,,now over 2 months later and out $187 i will try somewhere else. i wont go into names at this time,,,but i was given every excuse in the book and now i have given up. i seem to remember someone posting they had found some "festoon" lighting that made a sweet replacements?

D-GOOSE has replaced all of his interior lights with red LEDS & it is soooooo pimp. It even has a function that will allow you to have the lights strobe in different patterns. I swear, all he's missing on that boat is the glittery 70's globe up on the tower. :lol:

D-GOOSE has replaced all of his interior lights with red LEDS & it is soooooo pimp.  It even has a function that will allow you to have the lights strobe in different patterns.  I swear, all he's missing on that boat is the glittery 70's globe up on the tower.  :lol:

VLXJeff should be able to set him up with the disco ball... Crazy.gif

D-GOOSE has replaced all of his interior lights with red LEDS & it is soooooo pimp.  It even has a function that will allow you to have the lights strobe in different patterns.  I swear, all he's missing on that boat is the glittery 70's globe up on the tower.  :lol:

VLXJeff should be able to set him up with the disco ball... Crazy.gif

Yahoo.gif Jeff hook me up Biggrin.gif

The lights are from ebay and are for under car. It has its own power switch that you would need to hook up. I still have the factory lights and these are just mounted under the front and rear gunnels.

Yes.gif its so pimping thay almost changed my logon name. ROFL.gif

here is a link. these are vary close to what I have.

That's such a ridiculously cheap price for what you get, I don't think that I'll be able to resist on that one. I wonder if you could use the stock power switch to turn them on? Is the control for the different patterns separate from the power switch (looks like probably so)?

You are all getting me interested in these LED lights. After seeing those pictures and how cheap you can buy them for it sounds like a really cool mod. Does anyone know how hard they are to install or how long it takes?

those do look sweet,,,i think i will look into getting these. now i just wish i hadnt wasted that first $187,,,but i guess i learned a lesson on that one

I wonder if you could use the stock power switch to turn them on?  Is the control for the different patterns separate from the power switch (looks like probably so)?

Yes.gif stock switch

No.gif its all in one. If you look at the pic with the clear box, thats the power and controller. I mounted the control box on the left side of the drivers knee.

As for power draw. Led is has a vary low draw, with all 4 lights there is a 3 amp fuse.

You are all getting me interested in these LED lights. After seeing those pictures and how cheap you can buy them for it sounds like a really cool mod. Does anyone know how hard they are to install or how long it takes?

It is a plug and play set up. With that said it was a 3hr project. The hard part is that theres 2 cords from the lights that are not long enough to reach the control box. So you have to splice in a piece of wire. Not hard but it take's time. As for mounting them, I wanted the lights the point down and to the out side. See Led's don't shine in a vary wide angle and pointing them at a wall will light up less. I just put the 2 4ft lights in back and 2 3ft in front gunnels and Zip tied them to the boat wiring mounts.

Yep the shipping is the killer but thats how they get people to buy theres is stead of the other guy. But for that price it's still a great mod for the price if you run your boat at night.

Sorry I was just seen who would see that. :blush: I new some one would see that. Every time I look a buying some thing the first thing I look at is shipping. This is one of the new things sellers do, Plus look out for the insurance price.