Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Malibu Launch System (MLS) Leaking?

Recently bought a new 2008 Malibu iRide (Love it!), when I turn on the MLS switch, the area holding the bilge pump and ballast pump slowly fills with water. It seems like it is coming from the ballast pump; however, not totally sure.

After bringing the boat out of the water, I pull the plug and drain most of the water only leaving about an inch or two. The hose clamps on the pumps seem tight; and I was just wondering if this was normal or expected behavior.

Recently bought a new 2008 Malibu iRide (Love it!), when I turn on the MLS switch, the area holding the bilge pump and ballast pump slowly fills with water. It seems like it is coming from the ballast pump; however, not totally sure.

After bringing the boat out of the water, I pull the plug and drain most of the water only leaving about an inch or two. The hose clamps on the pumps seem tight; and I was just wondering if this was normal or expected behavior.

Nah, I think you have a problem buddy!! Should be warranty, have your dealer take a look if you can't easily locate the source.

Check your fittings going into the tanks also, I have had two break. It was hard to tell they were broken till i saw the water pouring out around them. Easy and cheap fix, if thats not it, also check the hoses where they go onto the fittings,(at the tank and the pump.) the factory hose splits easy when removed and reinstalled. For this reason I have replaced half of my ballast hose and will replace the other half this winter.