Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Snap Out Carpeting. Would you?

scottserena

I wish our rear lockers had snap out carpet. When we wakesurf, the surf side locker gets pretty wet and then it is a lot of effort to get it dry so we don't get a musty smell in there. I think snap out carpet is a great idea that is long over due.

If you have sacks and not tanks, just get some quick disconnect fittings and remove the sacks to let everything dry out.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• scottserena

• WakeGirl

• shade

• 68Slalom

Because malibu does not want to change their manufacturing process to put a fiberglass floor liner in. It takes time and $$$.

Because malibu does not want to change their manufacturing process to put a fiberglass floor liner in. It takes time and $$$.

They already have a fiberglass floor liner - all they need to do is gelcoat it. Not to say it doesn't change their mfr process to make it look good - but it's not something new for them to put in a glass floor. It's stupid. There...someone said it. Stupid brand decision. I doubt you'll find anyone on this board in this situation, but I'm confident there are prospective buyers that have chosen other brands because of this one very important detail in a very expensive boat.

I like full wall wall carpet. I don't have a problem replacing it after many years of use. I have replaced the glued down carpet in both of my last 2 boats after many years of use. I will do the same to this one if needed in the future. I think it looks better than snap in.

I'm sure if Malibu did snap in carpet it wouldn't look as cheesy as others, but that would add up in the total cost of the boat. To do it right, it would probably add another $1000-1500 for that option. Just my guess on the numbers it could even be more because then you have to finish under the carpet when you remove it and it has to look pretty decent, maybe even gel coated or textured so you don't slip. Thinking about it now it could be much more than than that in $$$

I think the wall to wall carpet is the cheapest way to go but then again it looks good :)

I'm sure if Malibu did snap in carpet it wouldn't look as cheesy as others, but that would add up in the total cost of the boat. To do it right, it would probably add another $1000-1500 for that option. Just my guess on the numbers it could even be more because then you have to finish under the carpet when you remove it and it has to look pretty decent, maybe even gel coated or textured so you don't slip. Thinking about it now it could be much more than than that in $$$

I think the wall to wall carpet is the cheapest way to go but then again it looks good :)

The snap out carpet option is a NO CHARGE option. Per the dealer I am purchasing my new boat from. Thumbup.gif

I also would think it is more expensive to make.

The snap out carpet option is a NO CHARGE option. Per the dealer I am purchasing my new boat from. Thumbup.gif

I also would think it is more expensive to make.

Thumbup.gif awesome

Snap-Out Carpet is Great, pull it out, hit it with some soap and high pressre sprayer and it looks like new again. No more, I wonder if that is going to come out and always looking dingy. When we get ready to sell I will simply buy a new carpet for a fresh look. Cleaning up is a snap without vertical carpet, wipe down the inside of the boat just like the outside.

We have carpet savers for this very reason.

I like full wall wall carpet. I don't have a problem replacing it after many years of use. I have replaced the glued down carpet in both of my last 2 boats after many years of use. I will do the same to this one if needed in the future. I think it looks better than snap in.

I agree and if you take care of the carpet it will look new for years to come.

ive never really complained about not having snap in carpet, but i bet it would be nice to store the carpet indoors. with the hot arizona sun beating through the cover ( if its outside ) the carpet could get very try and uncomfortable. it should definately be an option, not mandatory

Thumbs up for it malibu

My dealer stated he would not order with the snap out carpet option. He feels the carpet would shrink and be hard to re-install.

Being that all my boating is at Lake Havasu, Arizona heat is an issue and shrinkage might happen. (sounds like a Seinfeld episode)

Edited by scottserena
My dealer stated he would not order with the snap out carpet option. He feels the carpet would shrink and be hard to re-install.

Being that all my boating is at Lake Havasu, Arizona heat is an issue and shrinkage might happen. (sounds like a Seinfeld episode)

You've got serious issues if you're experiencing shrinkage in that kind of heat. Maybe wilting is a better term? :lol: (Sorry, I just couldn't resist.)

You've got serious issues if you're experiencing shrinkage in that kind of heat. Maybe wilting is a better term? :lol: (Sorry, I just couldn't resist.)

George: Well I just got back from swimming in the pool. And the water was

cold...

Jerry: Oh... You mean... shrinkage.

George: Yes. Significant shrinkage!

Jerry: So you feel you were short changed.

George: Yes! I mean, if she thinks that's me she's under a complete

misapprehension. That was not me, Jerry. That was not me.

Jerry: Well, so what's the difference?

George: What if she discusses it with Jane?

Jerry: Oh, she's not gonna tell Jane.

George: How do you know?

Jerry: Women aren't like us.

George: They're worse! They're much worse than us, they talk about

everything! Couldn't you at least tell her about the shrinkage factor?

Jerry: No, I'm not gonna tell her about your shrinkage. Besides, I think

women know about shrinkage.

George: How do women know about shrinkage? (They see Elaine walking down

the hall) Elaine! Get! (She enters) Do women know about shrinkage?

Elaine: What do you mean, like laundry?

George: No.

Jerry: Like when a man goes swimming... afterwards...

Elaine: It shrinks?

Jerry: Like a frightened turtle!

Elaine: Why does it shrink?

George: It just does.

Elaine: I don't know how you guys walk around with those things.

This Saturday I will put the final order in on my 2010 WS 23 LSV. I have not finalized colors yet, but I am getting a white tower for sure!

I will not get the hot water shower, never used it in my current Malibu.

Or the heater, not needed in Arizona.

Going to get the biggest bimini top I can find, you melt in the 116 degree heat if not under the bimini.

But getting everything else including the Maliview. (no chrome gorilla fins!)

I will let you know if I go with the snap out carpet, but right now I am leaning towards no. My 9 year old carpet in my current Malibu doesn't look so bad. Cheap to re-carpet if I ever need to.

Like I said if the seat bases were fiberglass then this would not be in a topic. I would get the snap out. But since they are carpeted, might as well go full carpet.

If you take the carpet out of the boat, is that a Brazilian?

I haven't read this entire thread, however... If snap out carpet were an option I'd go for it in a heartbeat, no question. Wish I had that in my boat.

Ed

I think I'd go for it too, but to each his or her own.

Couple of items to check Scott:

~ Bow ballast?

~ Also, if you like noise suppression ask for the STE tips, make sure that they're on the order sheet.

~ The Titan swivel racks are exceptional IMO, you may want to look at those if you haven't chosen your racks. Not sure if they'll work with the new tower though, something to ask about.

~ Towerbiminis.com, they make a great bimini.

~ Tower, not sure if they'll do a custom color on that new tower. Probably, but it's something to ask about.

~ Engine?

~ Stereo?

Brazilian.....uh, not even gonna go there. My sister used to work as an esthetician, and, well.....too_many_jokes. :lol:

I think I'd go for it too, but to each his or her own.

Couple of items to check Scott:

~ Bow ballast?

~ Also, if you like noise suppression ask for the STE tips, make sure that they're on the order sheet.

~ The Titan swivel racks are exceptional IMO, you may want to look at those if you haven't chosen your racks. Not sure if they'll work with the new tower though, something to ask about.

~ Towerbiminis.com, they make a great bimini.

~ Tower, not sure if they'll do a custom color on that new tower. Probably, but it's something to ask about.

~ Engine?

~ Stereo?

Brazilian.....uh, not even gonna go there. My sister used to work as an esthetician, and, well.....too_many_jokes. :lol:

Do you think the bow ballast is a good idea? Never had it before so wasn't sure if I needed. But going to get it.

Yes on the STE tips, getting them

I like the new racks on the new tower. They swivel and look pretty cool. They are included on the new tower.

Yes they new tower is available in white, already checked.

Standard 350 engine. Unless someone can convince me a need more. Another 6k for an extra 2 miles per hour doesnt seem worth.

Standard stereo pack 1. With the transom remote

All the billet gauges and glove box door as well.

Pull up clets and pop up bow light.

The most important the underwater transom lights! Gotta have em!

Auto Wedge

Keyless ignition

Un less malibu carpet is differnt from Cobalt, Crownline , Sea Ray carpet I will assure you it will not shrink. We power wash carpet with 180 degree heat. I dont think Arizona would get that hot. The only thing i have seen shrink is covers with use of heat that high but i allways use cold on covers anyway. youd still be safe at 80 degree heat none the less.

Bow ballast....yes yes yes. If you want to surf, at all, you'll end up wanting weight up there. And it really helps the boarding wake, Malibus love weight up front. Having the bow tank is a no-brainer IMO.

Everything else sounds good. Ask them if they'll put an OJ 468 or Acme 1235 on it for you from the factory & you're all set.

Bow ballast....yes yes yes. If you want to surf, at all, you'll end up wanting weight up there. And it really helps the boarding wake, Malibus love weight up front. Having the bow tank is a no-brainer IMO.

Everything else sounds good. Ask them if they'll put an OJ 468 or Acme 1235 on it for you from the factory & you're all set.

Oh no not another decision to make!

I have not tried wakesurfing yet, but I am buying the new boat for that. But 50% of our time is wakeboarding, 25% tubing. and 25% cruising.

So which prop ?

If they'll do OJ from the factory, then I'd go with the OJ (I think the 468 would be right for that boat, but check with D-GOOSE, he'll know for sure). If not, then the Acme 1235 will be a very close second. It used to be that they'd do a prop-swap from the factory for a small upcharge (I think it was like $50 or $60).

If you want to surf, get the bow ballast.

Go with the high altitude prop which is a 1235. For 2010 racks come standard, pop up cleats are standard and fiberglass swimdeck standard. Also for 2010 no more skivee trans the 2010 will have velvet drives. Also going back to the 07 setup only throttle by wire trans will be cable actuated Thumbup.gif All in all with the new tower and the standards malibu now gives i feel 2010 models will be a hit. Also i know wakegirl will disagree along with lots of others but the hammerhead is gone :) They now have a ls3 Thumbup.gif Which will run circles around old motor! you will enjoy your new boat. Get your ryan trailer with the cali edition fenders not the teardrop fenders.

have not read the entire thread, but I dont care to have snap out carpet. Are you ever gonna run your boat without the snapout carpet in it? No.....so who cares if it is removeable or not? the permanent carpet is not hard to clean (it gets wet, and maybe a little dirty, but doesnt get grease or anything like that on it) so just shampoo it every once and a while.