Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Wakesurf Config for 07 Wakestter LSV23

Wally413

I'm assuming general ballast/occupant configurations exist for wakesurfing, so likely not specific to my boat.....but basically I'm a new Malibu owner and new to wakesurfing and wanted to get some feedback of how I should configure my boat to optimize wakesurfing.

In general I'm thinking a half-full front (to help get boat on plane), full mid, half port stern and full starboard stern - I ride goofy - and then a few folks on the boat in back behind driver's seat. From what I gather 9.5 mph is a good speed.

Anyone have feedback on whether I'm headed down the right path or not?

Thanks.

Welcome.gif

Try this

http://www.themalibucrew.com/forums/index....showtopic=20743

this is covered pretty well on here, look around then see if you have any questions, be happy to help.

Excellent, thanks for the link.....so dumb question: What does it mean to have someone swing on the tower? Is it a literal intrepretation?

You have to do it when nobody is looking, but it means have someone hang on the tower outside the boat. Hmmm.. that's confusing too. Let me try again. They put their feet on the gunwhale and pull on the side of the tower like they are trying to tip the boat over. Some of the crazy Texans on this site actually had a harness that would allow them to do this AND drink beer at the same time.

Welcome.gif

Try this

http://www.themalibucrew.com/forums/index....showtopic=20743

this is covered pretty well on here, look around then see if you have any questions, be happy to help.

Excellent, thanks for the link.....so dumb question: What does it mean to have someone swing on the tower? Is it a literal intrepretation?

You have to do it when nobody is looking, but it means have someone hang on the tower outside the boat. Hmmm.. that's confusing too. Let me try again. They put their feet on the gunwhale and pull on the side of the tower like they are trying to tip the boat over. Some of the crazy Texans on this site actually had a harness that would allow them to do this AND drink beer at the same time.

It worked well but is really not needed to get a good wave. You can do it if you want though, just buy a tow strap and wrap it around the tower and the ball up top to the side you are surfing on. Attach a harness (can be made of the tie down straps you would use to tie a car to a trailer) and make a seat. but your feet on the side of the boat below where the tower mates and sit back. best place to take video!