Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Some Malibu 2010 pictures found on the web.

Red Legend

I'm a fan! Of course, I'm also a sucker for things that are new! I really like the RIDE Graphics compared to last years models. Overall, I dont see THAT MUCH change over the 2009 models, other than the obvious G# tower, which I like as well. I just wish I could afford one Cry.gif

that's a great picture link! Thumbup.gif

I kinda like the new tower on that orange 247. But what is with the shelf between the speakers on the tower? Crazy.gif

Tower is really growing on me, If I ever have an issue on my XS I'll fight hard to get one of those. Very nice graphic changes on the ride series they look grown up now. Snap out carpet now that could be nice, not sure I'd like looking out the scuffed up colored gel coat though.

I just thought of something. They could make a wide-angle camera that's integrated to the tower and connects up to the maliview so you can see what's behind you... That'd be sweet! no more annoying rear-view mirror getting in the way.

Maybe down the road, they can team up with Canon or something and get a high def camcorder up there and record to a removable HDD or tape depending on the codec... gotta love technology!

I just thought of something. They could make a wide-angle camera that's integrated to the tower and connects up to the maliview so you can see what's behind you... That'd be sweet! no more annoying rear-view mirror getting in the way.

Maybe down the road, they can team up with Canon or something and get a high def camcorder up there and record to a removable HDD or tape depending on the codec... gotta love technology!

Waterski America had a camera setup on a Wakesetter at the last boat show.

I saw that also, very cool Thumbup.gif

Tower is really growing on me, If I ever have an issue on my XS I'll fight hard to get one of those. Very nice graphic changes on the ride series they look grown up now. Snap out carpet now that could be nice, not sure I'd like looking out the scuffed up colored gel coat though.

Ouch man!!

I'll have to agree that the Ride graphics this year look the best they've ever been... Sorry man

Ouch man!!

I was talking about a comparison to the crayon looking graphics on the 09' ride series.

I have to say, the tower is getting better and better every pic i see. I didnt like it at first but i think i will when i see it in person. My only question is have they finally made it tall enough? I hate being able to hit my head on my tower!!! 6-12" of lift would be nice!! The ride does in deed look better for 2010!! Its about time on the snap in/out carpet, and who in the #$@# has a movie style bucket of popcorn in their boat to watch a movie on the malivue? Dontknow.gif (unless that is a new option for 2010, a popcorn machine to go with your movies) Whistling.gif

Overall I say a big Thumbup.gif to malibu. great looking boats.

Edited by txwakejunkie

a couple thoughts.....

-so is the snap out carpet standard on all the boats or is this an option?

-so do you just take out carpet and throw in wash machine at home?

-the new tower is growing on me, too: they will continue to refine it with time. pretty good for their first shot, in house....it certainly looks like a cousin to the A22 tower.

-the '09 ride graphics looked kinda odd with the blocked out color behind it. i saw black on black with white 'ride' text on the '09 and it looked good...the other colors ('09) didn't look quite right (like the malibu website).

-I like the '10 ride graphics better....what they did with the middle horizontal line in the 'E' of R I D E works for me.

-that photo of shane with older HO ski is pretty cool...long live slalom!!! they are really pushing the photos of the 20 LSV skiing....cool.

-the billet WS logo is pretty sweet

-the red trim line (along floor) is nice next to the snap out carpet....put LED's down there.

-the solid colors of the A22 look really good. I think the black on black (the marketing guy Adam's boat) is really nice looking. It be nice to see one with white on white (like the 23 LSV from last year).

Thanks for the factory photos Malibu!!! Keep up the great work. Rockon.gif

do you know the brand of camera and how it was hooked up, does malivue have a standard video in?

do you know the brand of camera and how it was hooked up, does malivue have a standard video in?

Maliview uses standard def RCA cables as input. Mono sound.

We hooked a camera up to the Malivue for the show as well, after seeing it done in MN Inboards booth.

We pointed it towards the aisle, and had TV's on the aisle as well.

Camera-150.00

Labor-200.00

TV's- Borrowed

Watching the camo crowd on Deer and Turkey Weekend wave at themselves on TV....PRICELESS.

Finally, there is a pic of my boat!!!! It is #54,59,63. None of them are great pics, but that is my boat. All white with 3 red lines.

My boat does not have the snap out carpet, so I dont know if it is an option for the LSV's for '10. Funny thing about the snap out is that I was having a debate with Paul Singer 2 years ago at the boat show about how much I really liked it in my X-star and he kept telling me that Malibu Owners thought it looked cheap. I told him he was wrong. Now I dont have snap out carpet and it looks like Malibu is headed in that direction.

The tower is pretty tall. I am at least 6'2" and can walk under it with no issue. I did not measure, but I am not hitting my head and am not ducking.

The shelf in between the speakers is actually the speaker mount that attaches to the tower and the speaker attaches to that. At least that is what I believe. I still dont have my speakers, eventhough they were clearly on in the pics (evidently they were proto type mounts). I am supposed to get them anytime and hopefully before we head to powell on Sat.

So, I am staring at the pix of the new tower and REALLY trying to like it and I realize two things. First............long term, I have never liked anything I had to talk myself into liking. Maybe I will like it more when I get to see one up close? Maybe I will absolutely love it when I see how sturdy and functional it is? I dunno. Second....................I think it is going to be a real challenge to get the cover to seal around that tower. I hope the cover makers have a plan for that.

Bottom line...........this could be really exciting or a total bust. We'll see.

So, I am staring at the pix of the new tower and REALLY trying to like it and I realize two things. First............long term, I have never liked anything I had to talk myself into liking. Maybe I will like it more when I get to see one up close? Maybe I will absolutely love it when I see how sturdy and functional it is? I dunno. Second....................I think it is going to be a real challenge to get the cover to seal around that tower. I hope the cover makers have a plan for that.

Bottom line...........this could be really exciting or a total bust. We'll see.

I also dont have much success having things "grow on me". That said, I like the new tower, but I liked the Illusion and the XS and my X-star tower too, so maybe I am just easy to please.... I know a couple of things for sure, the new tower moves way less than my X-star tower did and the board racks on the new tower while very very nice, pale in comparison to those on my X-star. Get a little, give a little.

I'm a fan! Of course, I'm also a sucker for things that are new! I really like the RIDE Graphics compared to last years models. Overall, I dont see THAT MUCH change over the 2009 models, other than the obvious G# tower, which I like as well. I just wish I could afford one Cry.gif

you and me both

• 1 month later...

AND...you could connect that camera, via the Maliview, to your tow-vehichle so you could see what's behind you while driving!

New Mastercraft 2010 tower come with a built in camera

from MC website:

Tower Camera Capture video of those championship moments with our new hi-tech Tower Camera. Then, watch the replay directly on the BIG Screen. Exclusively produced for MasterCraft, our advanced camera captures high resolution video, is rugged for marine and ultra-high vibration environments, as well as designed specifically for performance driving. The camera isn’t just easy to use…it’s addictive!

We hooked a camera up to the Malivue for the show as well, after seeing it done in MN Inboards booth.

We pointed it towards the aisle, and had TV's on the aisle as well.

Camera-150.00

Labor-200.00

TV's- Borrowed

Watching the camo crowd on Deer and Turkey Weekend wave at themselves on TV....PRICELESS.

Edited by scottserena