Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Where are you on your season goals?

martho

Just wondering where everyone is on their season goals.

We are about half way through the season here in Chicago and I still have lots of work to do. 22' off is going to be a challenging goal.

How is it going for everyone else?

My goal was to run 28 off in a tournement and achieved that last weekend:Clap:...it was a two round tourney and I ran it both rounds best was 2 at 32off. next goal...run 32 Rockon.gif tourney this weekend so I am gunning for it....I have never ran it in practice....so I'll see Whistling.gif

My goal was to get consistent at 28' off and make it through @ 32' off. That being said, I was skiing at 32 mph at the time and have since jumped up to 34 mph. I have no trouble at 15', make it through 60-70% of the time at 22', and haven't even attempted 28' off. I want to get consistent at 22' and at least get deep at 28' (but I'd prefer to run 28' Biggrin.gif ). Aim high, right? :)

No course here, so I can't use buoy count. Been to a course a handful of times, ran 22 @ 32.

Season goals: Tumble up, tumble turn, longline, and one foot. One and two are set, three works when I get outside, and haven't done much with four. But that's okay, cause I gotta have something to dream about this winter. ;)

My goals were to run 38 in a few tournaments and get to the 4 ball @39. I've run 38 once in a tourny and got to the 2 ball @39. Only two more tournaments left and I've seemed to misplace my head in my nether-regions. I hope I can recover it before this weekend. I wish I had something to blame but, the other four fingers would still be pointing at me.

My son is skiing though and I didn't expect that at all!

22' off is going to be a challenging goal.

Good Call. I'm officially dropping my bouy count goal since 6 @ 15off 32mph is probably as good as it's going to get this year. The new goal is to get the handle down during the wake crossing consistently and make the 15/32 pass feel as simple as 15/30. I'd like to have a technique that looks marginally good in stills and video. If I can look at a wake-to-wake sequence of pictures and be happy with them, my goal is accomplished!

My primary goal was to get both of my kids on skis (6&7) and have them love it. Mission accomplished.

My personal goal was to run 28 off at 34 mph and I have gotten 5 multiple times but not all 6 yet. We are running out of summer here in MA and I don't have a dry suit so we will see.

For next year my goal is to be 30 pounds lighter at the start of the season and run 32 off.

My goals for the year. 1. trick over 1000 pts. in tour. did it 2. go to nationals and I did that as well. this has been a good summer. I also found a good partner. Biggrin.gif

good for you mifooter!

My goals were set low this year, but were nonetheless VERY important to me. I got married recently to someone who loves to ski as much as me (we met on the water). Sometimes, like on TMC, I am a complete @$$hole on the water. So, my goal was to keep a happy marriage while logging a lot of hours on the boat with her. We still have as much fun skiing together as we did when we met. :blush:

So, my summer has been a success, no matter that I only picked up a few buoys! PLUS, no more knee surgeries!!!

Great summer!

Well, I don't think that we'll reach our goal of 150 hours this year. A long wet spring conspired to keep us off the water until late June, & now with the sale of the boat coming to a conclusion tomorrow we will be boatless for the first couple of weeks in September (prime season, sucks, I know). As for personal goals:

- I got a lot of time in on the Sky Ski, loads of fun too.

- My w2w is very solid at 70 feet now, & am getting better pop than ever, occasionally letting go with the rear hand now (ready for grabs I think).

- I learned to surf, both normal & switch.

- I skied for the first time in probably 10 years, although it only showed me why I love wakeboarding so much better.

- I 'footed for about 2 seconds, enough time to realize how completely cool it is.

- And mostly just had a great time both in & behind the boat with my family. That's what it's all about. Hopefully it's not over yet & we'll have a good Indian Summer. :)

- I skied for the first time in probably 10 years, although it only showed me why I love wakeboarding so much better.

That just means that you weren't doing it right. Biggrin.gif

Were you skiing behind that WaveMaker of yours? Any boat that can be surfed behind ropeless should not be skied behind (but maybe that's just me). Biggrin.gif

- And mostly just had a great time both in & behind the boat with my family.  That's what it's all about.  Hopefully it's not over yet & we'll have a good Indian Summer.  :)

For me this is most important. I have 60 hours on the boat but almost every one of those hours is with a child behind (one of my buddies usually drives when we slalom because he has PP) it. I love seeing kids learn to love being behind the boat.

Was hoping to get into 32' by the end of the summer... Not looking likely. Right now, I'm working on consistency at 22' @ 34 and 36. Sometimes they feel easy. Other times, I feel like I'm drunk out there...

That just means that you weren't doing it right. Biggrin.gif

Were you skiing behind that WaveMaker of yours? Any boat that can be surfed behind ropeless should not be skied behind (but maybe that's just me). Biggrin.gif

Yes yes, it was behind my boat. The thing that I had forgotten about & that I really didn't like was the constant hunting that the ski did. You had to constantly be on edge even though I was just trying to remember what to do. Okay, so maybe I wasn't on the right ski given the circumstances of not having skied in so long, but I didn't care for the speed either, I just wanted to try & relax & I couldn't.

Now 'footing, I could dig that.

I started this year by learning to wakeboard behind a sea-doo. It didn't take long for me to give into the temptation of getting a boat, so I've been behind my '05 VLX for a month or so now.

My goal was to go W2W HS and TS. I've pretty much got the HS at 65', but I'm still uncomfortable on the TS and haven't cleared yet. I still have some time this year.

Another goal I had was to teach as many kids/adults to ski or board as I could. I've taught two of my daughters to ski and at least four adults to board. One of the adults was my 70 y.o. dad who taught me to ski when I was 5. That was the highlight of the summer.

I footed once in a previous life, and think that would be very fun to try again... but I'm worried about how to protect my equipment.

Was hoping to get into 32' by the end of the summer...  Not looking likely.  Right now, I'm working on consistency at 22' @ 34 and 36.  Sometimes they feel easy.  Other times, I feel like I'm drunk out there...

I know that feeling....somedays it all comes together....other days its like...first day on the course Mad.gif

Cheers

Reggie

I footed once in a previous life, and think that would be very fun to try again... but I'm worried about how to protect my equipment.

The Atlanta Barefoot Club is huge. There are lots of members around you who can help. HERE

I more than happy so far this year. Came into the year starting on a new ski, was mainly just hoping to start running 28' 75% of the time or more. Currently running it over 90% in practice, about 75% in tournaments, even starting to run 32' about 25% in practice, not yet in a tournament, though I have gone pretty deep. Haven't made any fin changes yet, seeing how much progression I can make this year on the stock setup. Hoping to start working into 38' next summer.