Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2005-2008 Vride Illusion tower height

killen1970

I am considering a V Ride but want it to fit in my garage. I have about an 83" clearance. Anyone able to get their V Rides in a normal garage. My current boat does not because of tower and fighting the mold is making me crazy!!!

I think that should work. I dont have a vride but my 04 21 LSV Sunscape has an illusion tower and I can fit it in my garage with the tower folded and the board racks removed. My garage has an 83' clearance as well. The vride is the same hull. I dont know if the trailer brand would make a difference with height but my boat is on an Extreme trailer.

Hope this helps.

Anyone else have any input? Dealer not too far from me said this "Windshield is the highest point with tower folded which is 78” +/-." if this is true I am probably going to get it. Also does anyone have any idea total length with the swing away tongue folded? Thanks for all your help. The current boat I own the dealer told me it would fit and guess what does not which is my fault I should have brought it home and tested. The V Ride is over an hour away and just want to make sure it will work before I make that trip.

Oh yeah I also had to remove the pylon on top of the tower temporarily to get threw the opening of the garage.

I had similar questions, and my salesman got all the measurements i asked for within about an hour.

He sent me height, length, length with tongue folded and the total size of the swim platform.

To fit my LSV in the garage (21.5), I have to remove the swim platform and fold the tongue, but it is easy and worth it to be inside.

Also, my door opener is actually lower than the door header, so be sure to check that ... :)

The windshield is not the highest point when tower is folded down. The cross bar with the tow spool will be higher than the window. It will be very close if you can fit it in 83" opening or not. you said your dealer is close,,,so I'd say just bring the boat home and try it out.

Edited by wakbord11

We have an 08 V Ride it fits in our garage that is 21' 9" long and the door height is 84" high. This is what we do to get it in. We take the swim deck off and lay it on the sun deck. I always put a thick blanket down first as I noticed the swim step was leaving marks in the vinyl they always came out but they bugged me none the less. Then I take the two stop bolts for the wedge out, this allows the wedge to swing down a few more inches. After the tongue is swung back it all fits with a couple of inches to spare. For the height I take the bimini top off, this allows the tower to fold down further. I also take the mirror off. We then back the boat as far into the garage as we can on the hitch, then we take it off the tow rig and lower the tongue all the way down and push it into the garage. Our drive is almost as flat as the garage floor so it is not much of a problem to push it in. It is easer with two people but I normally push it in by myself. I can take some pics if you need to see. Hope this helps.

Ron

I can't help out on the tower height but the highest point is the tow spool not the windshield, techincally the board racks are but since I take them off for traveling for me it's the tow spool.

Keep in mind at least w/ an Extreme trailer you can get the low ride option dropping the trailer ~3" or so. My '07 VLX fits in my garage w/ little height to spare at 6'8".

All,

I have an 05 Vride. It is on the Extreme trailer with the low profile option. I do not know how much difference it makes in fact I think the only difference is the tires which are 235/60 R14. I don't know what the normal tires are but if they were 70 series the tire diameter would change by about 2 inches making the boat about an inch lower on the trailer. Having said all this, my boat fits in my 81 1/4" garage barely. As said before the windshield is not the highest point the tow spool is and I have to remove mine to fit in the garage. An additional concern are the boardracks. If they are mounted on the highest point on the tower they become the highest point and will not fit in my garage. I know this because I took them off to clean them one time, they were on the lower mount, and put them back on the higher mount and tried to put the boat away. Needless to say it was not good. I bent one pretty good and had quite a time trying to get the boat un-stuck from the garage.

If I had your set up it would no problem. Mine is 84" height. My buddy has a monster tower on his MC and that thing folds below the windshield its so nice just drop the tower bam in the garage. Needless to say does not look as good as the Illusion. Tower manu's need to keep it in mind most people have 7' garages. Maybe the new tower goes down lower hopefully BU realized this issue.

Yes a picture would be GREAT. Thanks guys so much.

All,

I have an 05 Vride. It is on the Extreme trailer with the low profile option. I do not know how much difference it makes in fact I think the only difference is the tires which are 235/60 R14. I don't know what the normal tires are but if they were 70 series the tire diameter would change by about 2 inches making the boat about an inch lower on the trailer. Having said all this, my boat fits in my 81 1/4" garage barely. As said before the windshield is not the highest point the tow spool is and I have to remove mine to fit in the garage. An additional concern are the boardracks. If they are mounted on the highest point on the tower they become the highest point and will not fit in my garage. I know this because I took them off to clean them one time, they were on the lower mount, and put them back on the higher mount and tried to put the boat away. Needless to say it was not good. I bent one pretty good and had quite a time trying to get the boat un-stuck from the garage.

• 4 weeks later...

Is the tow spool on an Illusion Tower attached by an Allen bolt or ?.; how quickly can they be removed?.. Is there a quick disconnect option available.

My daughter and her husband are in the process of buying a really *sweet* "06 VLX (for a wakeboard boat Tease.gif ), and we have a low bridge seperating two lakes, so between ballast tanks and removed spool, they should make it under.

My ski-boats have no problem-o Whistling.gif

Well, the kidz have gone to the dark side Tease2.gif , but my buddy they're buying it from is going to the darker side...He's buying a Mastercraft Shocking.gif