Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2009 VLX discount prices

highestr8

A buddy is about ready to plunge into a brandy new vlx. It has an MSRP of $79,000 and after the dealer has worked his magic and applied the various available discounts the purchase price will be $59,000.

Any body out there know if this is a good deal, a great deal or just an average deal? Any feedback would be great.

Thanks.

A buddy is about ready to plunge into a brandy new vlx. It has an MSRP of $79,000 and after the dealer has worked his magic and applied the various available discounts the purchase price will be $59,000.

Any body out there know if this is a good deal, a great deal or just an average deal? Any feedback would be great.

Thanks.

It could be any of the above depending on how he feels about the price. There are alot of supporting dealers on this website and price paid isn't usually discussed out of respect for those dealers, or dealers period. Maybe someone will PM you with their price they paid but I wouldn't expect anyone to get into detail on what they paid.

I think for that price if it's nicely equipped then thats quite a deal. Even better if it's loaded

Edited by Blindside_137

Thanks.

It could be any of the above depending on how he feels about the price. There are alot of supporting dealers on this website and price paid isn't usually discussed out of respect for those dealers, or dealers period. Maybe someone will PM you with their price they paid but I wouldn't expect anyone to get into detail on what they paid.

I second that. Purchase price is a private matter between buyer and seller. Besides that, there are many factors to be taken into consideration. Equipment, area of the country, dealer relationship, etc.

JM

jeez.......he was just asking for advice it anyone thought it was a good deal. Didn't specify what dealer or what are of the country or ask any of you what exactly you paid for yours. Sorry, but you guys went too far on this one!

highestr8 - Sorry I have not priced a 2009 so I can't be of any help. But hopefully someone will chime in with useful advice!

The price seems pretty fair. The 09 we brought to the WOW has a msrp of $92000 we had it listed for $69500. Your buddy will love the new VLX it is absolutely a grandslam for malibu Thumbup.gif

I'm not trying to disrespect dealers or anyone else, but since when did discussing price become so taboo. How else are people supposed to shop comparatively if people can't compare.

I'd say thats not bad for last years 2009 model, after all the 2010 are out so it's old now. Is that a left over special ? :)

I don't really have a problem discussing price on here but i can see why some people would. I think better, more accurate comparative tools would be onlyinboards.com or boats.com or nada.com.

Thanks.

Like everyone else is saying, it sounds like a good deal, but without a complete list of boat and trailer options it is hard to know if it was a *great* deal. I added about 10k in options between the boat and trailer, so it can add up real fast and make a difference between how good of a deal it is. The big ones are engine and Malivue, plus any tower accessories.

I'm not trying to disrespect dealers or anyone else, but since when did discussing price become so taboo. How else are people supposed to shop comparatively if people can't compare.

I was asked specifically by my dealer not to disclose what I paid. I'd like to keep the relationship I've built with them so that's where I'm coming from.

If you focus on the % off of MSRP it makes shopping much easier. No need to add up the options and compare one boat to another. However, I do not think it is fair to make a public disclosure of your discount percentage. Let's say a dealer put a crazy discount on a hard to sell boat boat and that discount percentage was posted. That number would become the golden number to compare all deals to. Nothing good could come of that on either side.

If a buyer does enough research, he /she will walk into the showroom knowing what % discount is reasonable.

That is how I feel about it, but here is where it gets insane. While we are all cloaked in a veil of secrecy to protect our dealers bottom line, Malibu promotes a factory direct boat of the week and publishes the MSRP, the sale price, and the percentage off MSRP. They might as well have said "ok guys, here is what it costs for us to build a boat and sell it for a wee bit over cost". I do not know if "a wee bit over cost" is true, but it is certainly my perception. Right or wrong, you can bet that will be on my mind when I buy my next boat. You can also bet that I looked at what I paid for my current boat and ran the numbers to see how it compared to the factory direct boat deal. I love, love, love, my Malibu dealer and understand that they need to make a reasonable profit in order to stay in business. BUT, everyone will have their own perception of what "reasonable" is. That is where the trouble starts. If we are asked not to publish numbers, Malibu boats should be asked to do the same. They should also be asked to stop putting 2009 options into left over 2008 boats while telling owners of registered 2008 boats that these options will not be made available to them ( first they said yes, and then no), but that is another argument for another day.

I agree with you. I don't understand how that would be a bad thing. If one dealer is able to discount by x% that shows us that the boats are marked up by at least x%. We should all be free to negotiate for the same percentage.

In my opinion, this is one of the reasons that the economy is in such shambles. Industries are not being held accountable for increasing prices by such a huge percentage. This practice might be why the boating, housing and auto industries are struggling.

If you focus on the % off of MSRP it makes shopping much easier. No need to add up the options and compare one boat to another. However, I do not think it is fair to make a public disclosure of your discount percentage. Let's say a dealer put a crazy discount on a hard to sell boat boat and that discount percentage was posted. That number would become the golden number to compare all deals to. Nothing good could come of that on either side.

If a buyer does enough research, he /she will walk into the showroom knowing what % discount is reasonable.

That is how I feel about it, but here is where it gets insane. While we are all cloaked in a veil of secrecy to protect our dealers bottom line, Malibu promotes a factory direct boat of the week and publishes the MSRP, the sale price, and the percentage off MSRP. They might as well have said "ok guys, here is what it costs for us to build a boat and sell it for a wee bit over cost". I do not know if "a wee bit over cost" is true, but it is certainly my perception. Right or wrong, you can bet that will be on my mind when I buy my next boat. You can also bet that I looked at what I paid for my current boat and ran the numbers to see how it compared to the factory direct boat deal. I love, love, love, my Malibu dealer and understand that they need to make a reasonable profit in order to stay in business. BUT, everyone will have their own perception of what "reasonable" is. That is where the trouble starts. If we are asked not to publish numbers, Malibu boats should be asked to do the same. They should also be asked to stop putting 2009 options into left over 2008 boats while telling owners of registered 2008 boats that these options will not be made available to them ( first they said yes, and then no), but that is another argument for another day.

fairly loaded 08's were going for $43,000 earlier this year. $59,000 is probably not a bad deal, especially if its out the door.

Those MSRP's listed are friggin Crazy.gif That would put a 247 at over $100,000 :lol:

fairly loaded 08's were going for $43,000 earlier this year. $59,000 is probably not a bad deal, especially if its out the door.

Those MSRP's listed are friggin Crazy.gifThat would put a 247 at over $100,000 :lol:

Those sound like MC $$$$ Whistling.gif

I agree with what was said above. You could get a loaded 08 a few months ago for mid 40's + tax and license, but then you needed to add bimini, board racks, tax and license. If 59 does not include tax, bimini, board racks, cover, or a serious stereo system I would say it is decent, not great deal. certainly he is paying a penalty buying the boat mid season. If he waited for the fall or even after the new year I would think he could shave at least another 5k off, just my .02.

jeez.......he was just asking for advice it anyone thought it was a good deal. Didn't specify what dealer or what are of the country or ask any of you what exactly you paid for yours. Sorry, but you guys went too far on this one!

highestr8 - Sorry I have not priced a 2009 so I can't be of any help. But hopefully someone will chime in with useful advice!

My applogies.

:)

Thanks.

My msrp was 83558.00 The price you have is 10 grand cheaper than I paid. Sounds like a good deal depending on the options.