Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

prop dinged no vibration

I went into reverse to prevent overshooting my boat lift. The prop hit something and all four blade tips are bent; it looks like the last 1/2 inch on each blade is symetrically bent. There is no noticeable vibration when accelerating and at full throttle everything seems fine. Is this anything to wory about? I was hoping to wait until after summer to rebuild the prop. Thanks, RicB

I have done the ball peen hammer and anvil trick on my props a time or two with no ill effects. It was always for very minor dings and for a limited time but worked just fine. ..............

I did something similar to my prop and was able make it look almost perfect with light hammering and a file. However, around 25+ mph I think I can sense a slight vibration. I'll try to get by this season but will have it remanned this winter.

I went into reverse to prevent overshooting my boat lift. The prop hit something and all four blade tips are bent; it looks like the last 1/2 inch on each blade is symetrically bent. There is no noticeable vibration when accelerating and at full throttle everything seems fine. Is this anything to wory about? I was hoping to wait until after summer to rebuild the prop. Thanks, RicB

I would not recommend using that prop. It's time for you to buy a spare prop then, send in the original for repair.

There is a good chance the entire drive shaft is tweaked, happend to my buddy a couple of weeks ago, reversed into a shoal at about 3 mph, luckly it didn't spider.