Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Any experience with waterproof bags?

MalibuNation

MalibuNation

Anyone have first hand experience with waterproof bags for small electronics. Found all kinds of them out there on the Internet and looking for reviews ... thanks - Jim

martinarcher

I use dry bags (roll up top with the buckle closure) on the boat for phones and keys and other items that we don't want to get. I got them at Dicks Sporting Goods and have had them for years. Not sure of the brand - if you are interested I'll check it out when I get home from work. Another handy "keep it dry" item I have is a small Pelican Brand case. I use it to house my GPS when paddling my kayak. It also works great, floats and keep everything nice and dry. They come in every shape and size you can think of.

Same here...the bags where you roll the top up and then buckle it up. The brand I have is SportsXtreme, or something like that. It fits my wallet and cell phone just fine, is waterproof and floats.

I use a wateproof hard box that I purchased at walmart. Works great fits in the glove box and can fit 3 cell phones, keys, wallet ect. Remember your glove box is not waterproof.

I purchased a small waterproof case for my cell wallet... but never use it, I just through stuff in the glove box.

But Pelican Makes Military spec. water tight cases and some of the best watertight flashlights that I also carry on the boat. Here is the manufactures Site

Edited by bigD
But Pelican Makes Military spec. water tight cases and some of the best watertight flashlights that I also carry on the boat. Here is the manufactures Site

Plus1.gif

I have 2 Pelican boxes -- one for first aid, and other boat essentials (ipod, radio face plate, etc...) and an empty one for cell phones, keys, etc... A bit pricey, but its always dry.