Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Forever to get to 22 mph

Sonny

Last weekend I was out with 10 adults ( approx. 1500 #) and the wedge down it took forever (45 sec.- 1m) to get to 22 mph. When I reached 21 -22 it took off to 25-26 mph. I have a 1998 sunsetter VLX w/ Callaway hammer head and Acme 537-13.5 x 16, and was using the perfect pass. There was no difference in acceration between 1/2 and wot until I got to 21-22.

What is going on?

Last weekend I was out with 10 adults ( approx. 1500 #) and the wedge down it took forever (45 sec.- 1m) to get to 22 mph. When I reached 21 -22 it took off to 25-26 mph. I have a 1998 sunsetter VLX w/ Callaway hammer head and Acme 537-13.5 x 16, and was using the perfect pass. There was no difference in acceration between 1/2 and wot until I got to 21-22.

What is going on?

Did you do any starts with the PP off?

Same lake as normal? I had similar issue first time I took the boat to a high lake (6250'). Took forever to get going, then was fine, couldn't get anyone out of the water hardly. Got a new prop (different pitch for the altitude) and presto, worked perfect again. Would have never guessed, but it did make sense since altitude sapped hp and needed a different prop to keep the engine from bogging down.

Good luck.

T

I had the exact same scneario this weekend (10 adults in boat, wedge down, ballast full). I just attributed it to taking longer to plane. We had better success with moving people into bow etc. you just have to be careful not to dip your nose when you slow down.

Change your prop to the Acme 1235 Or better yet OJ 475 for those days that you have a lot of people or high alt.

Plus1.gif

It's amazing how much more performance you get from the 1235/475 props, especially when you add people/weight. Can't speak for altitude, but you could almost go down in motor size if you get the right prop.

I had the exact same scneario this weekend (10 adults in boat, wedge down, ballast full). I just attributed it to taking longer to plane. We had better success with moving people into bow etc. you just have to be careful not to dip your nose when you slow down.

Plus1.gif and change your prop if you're going to regularly haul lots of people

Same lake as always approx. 1500 ft above sea level. The original factory prop was a OJ 14 x 18. Went to a Acme 537 when I put on the wedge. Is anyone looking to sell a 1235 or 475 ?

Today the perfect pass kept restarting, like when you start the boat (beeps and scrolls throught the prompts), around 20 mph any ideas?

Same lake as always approx. 1500 ft above sea level. The original factory prop was a OJ 14 x 18. Went to a Acme 537 when I put on the wedge. Is anyone looking to sell a 1235 or 475 ?

Today the perfect pass kept restarting, like when you start the boat (beeps and scrolls throught the prompts), around 20 mph any ideas?

phone perfect pass we are having the same problem they sent me a software upgrade to fix it. It would bet money it is a issue with your PP servo or software