Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

RLXi in floor cooler

skisix@38

I think I read here someowhere that peeps have insulated the in floor cooler before. I searched the site but came up bumpkus on the search so I thought I would ask again. For those that have already answered this question please just put a link up....

How did you do it, what type of insulation did you use? Did you take the cooler out? and if so how?

Thanks in advance!

I can not keep ice in that box for more than 3 hrs. Good thread, I'll be watching this one. My thoughts were using Armourflex blanket about an inch thick.

I can not keep ice in that box for more than 3 hrs. Good thread, I'll be watching this one. My thoughts were using Armourflex blanket about an inch thick.

Yeah, that's a good start- now, how do you think you can get the blanket wrapped around the cooler? That's the project right there, how does a person get at the cooler. I'll admit right now that I haven't pulled the little divider in the bilge to get a good look see up there but, even pulling the divider, I'm not sure how well my head will fit in that area to look at it....

Maybe I'm not so upset my jump seat does not allow easy access to that cooler. Interested in how you could insulate it.

My RLXI is in storage so I can't go out and check my plan.My guess is that the unit was installed from the top down. So

pull/pry the unit straight up.Install your blanket/insluation mat. around the area that you will slide your unit into.Drop the unit back into the hole and hopefully you now have a insulated cooler.

My RLXI is in storage so I can't go out and check my plan.My guess is that the unit was installed from the top down. So

pull/pry the unit straight up.Install your blanket/insluation mat. around the area that you will slide your unit into.Drop the unit back into the hole and hopefully you now have a insulated cooler.

I don't think that will work because the cooler portion is bigger in every dimension then the hole in the floor to get at the stuff in the cooler. It's somehow got to come from under the floor, or, I'll just get some PSA backed insulation and attacth it to what I can and live with what ever improvements I get. The reason I'm interested in this is that the cooler is a good size and fits quite a lot of drinks and things that need to stay cool, and it doesn't take up floor space...

I don't think that will work because the cooler portion is bigger in every dimension then the hole in the floor to get at the stuff in the cooler. It's somehow got to come from under the floor, or, I'll just get some PSA backed insulation and attacth it to what I can and live with what ever improvements I get. The reason I'm interested in this is that the cooler is a good size and fits quite a lot of drinks and things that need to stay cool, and it doesn't take up floor space...

My floor cooler works great. Ice lasts at least two days.