Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

What's up with Met craft ?

07vrideblue

Ok here we go again,Metcraft is done!! (gone)my dealer has done everything possible for me(promarine,Burlington NC.)

I was lucky enough to get my board rack's,my speaker can's were Titian brand,they are on the way to me.

I have had many talk's/e-mail's to Tisha at Malibu boat's she has informed me that since my bimini top was made by Metcraft it is an aftermarket part,and Malibu would not help me at all.(so I will take it to my upholstery shop) So beware of any problem's you may have with any AFTERMARKET part's that Malibu has added to there boat's!!!

I'm not real happy with Malibu's response on my bimini top,but in today's world what else could I expect.

Thank's for all the help this site has given me,you guy's and gal's have helped me in many way's.

Thank's and happy boating!!!

Jeff Stutts

2007 V-ride

Yep, bad for warranty! I have a broken bimini support and malibu said to call Bakes!

On Fri One of my good friends found that his tower is cracked in HALF!

It looks to be spit right where the bolt for the top tower speaker goes through. You can see the powder coat is cracked all the way around but still looks to be holding together. had it out all day on Fri with no catastrophic failures

Wow, I'm supposed to be down there riding the next two weekends. Thanks for the reminder to only ride behind a Titan.

You gonna be down here for two weeks? We should hook up and ride sometime.......

I'll be working on a boat house in the Clover Island Yacht Club this Saturday. Sounds like we'll ride on the Snake on the left side of that island at some point (just north of where the Snake & Columbia merge).

Then we're back at Charbonneau Park on Wednesday the 5th thru Sunday the 9th. If your in the area at all, drop by for a bit.

Yep, bad for warranty! I have a broken bimini support and malibu said to call Bakes!

It looks to be spit right where the bolt for the top tower speaker goes through. You can see the powder coat is cracked all the way around but still looks to be holding together. had it out all day on Fri with no catastrophic failures

Wow, I'm supposed to be down there riding the next two weekends. Thanks for the reminder to only ride behind a Titan.

You gonna be down here for two weeks? We should hook up and ride sometime.......

I'll be working on a boat house in the Clover Island Yacht Club this Saturday. Sounds like we'll ride on the Snake on the left side of that island at some point (just north of where the Snake & Columbia merge).

Then we're back at Charbonneau Park on Wednesday the 5th thru Sunday the 9th. If your in the area at all, drop by for a bit.

Sat we'll be up at Desert Air but Sunday the 9th might work....

If it's not the busy out there Sat you can ride right along the dike straight out from the yacht club.... Thats where we ride on week nights.....

Edited by aaudii5150

Sat we'll be up at Desert Air but Sunday the 9th might work....

If it's not the busy out there Sat you can ride right along the dike straight out from the yacht club.... Thats where we ride on week nights.....

I've been hearing a lot about this Desert Air. Haven't made it out there yet. But just sold a ski to a guy named Kerry. And a friend from the west side named Brent has a place there too. We love going to Crescent Bar & Sunland so maybe we'll make it out there too.

• 2 weeks later...

I broke the lens cap on the nav light on top of my Illusion X tower. I've been calling all over the place trying to find a replacement. Dealer doesn't have it, Malibu corporate doesn't have it. I called XTP, who said Bob Metcalf of Metcraft would be manufacturing at their plant now, but they're not setup with any Metcraft parts yet. I would imagine that the nav light was made by someone else for Metcraft. Anybody know who made the nav light itself, or have any suggestions on where I can get a replacement?

thanks,

Mike

I broke the lens cap on the nav light on top of my Illusion X tower. I've been calling all over the place trying to find a replacement. Dealer doesn't have it, Malibu corporate doesn't have it. I called XTP, who said Bob Metcalf of Metcraft would be manufacturing at their plant now, but they're not setup with any Metcraft parts yet. I would imagine that the nav light was made by someone else for Metcraft. Anybody know who made the nav light itself, or have any suggestions on where I can get a replacement?

thanks,

Mike

Mike,

I am in a similar situation as you. I had a ski rope rip the nav light and extension mechanism clear off the boat. Bakes had an extra lens they sent to me, but I sill need the extension mechanism. Malibu corporate say they have no extra parts for the Illusion X towers. Metcraft is long gone, I even drove by there old shop. XTP seem to have no plans to offer support for Metcraft products. The only suggestion I have is to start calling dealers to search their inventory.

Ya my nav light is also broken. The little plastic pegs that hold it in place broke. I taped it up with electrical tape and it is hard to tell the difference. Looks like that is th elong term solution now

Ya my nav light is also broken. The little plastic pegs that hold it in place broke. I taped it up with electrical tape and it is hard to tell the difference. Looks like that is th elong term solution now

Thanks to this forum, I found who has these. (Actually, they found me.) I just ordered one for 20 bucks.

http://www.edgeski.com/

269-327-1000

ask for Zach in parts

Thanks to this forum, I found who has these. (Actually, they found me.) I just ordered one for 20 bucks.

http://www.edgeski.com/

269-327-1000

ask for Zach in parts

The Edge (and Zach) Rock!! Rockon.gif

FYI...

I am still waiting for my Yellow tower.

Boat was delivered in early June.

The dealer...

Coldwater Lake Marina has been kind enough to give a loaner tower

while we wait for the correct tower to arrive.

Scott

FYI...

I am still waiting for my Yellow tower.

Boat was delivered in early June.

The dealer...

Coldwater Lake Marina has been kind enough to give a loaner tower

while we wait for the correct tower to arrive.

Scott

any chance of getting the 2010 tower?

I had a rack fall off on 6/7/09 (yep, it just fell off - still has the cast metal packed in the threads of the bolt). My dealer has been working hard to get them to send a new rack since 6/8. They just received a letter from Malibu stating that Metcraft was moving their operation to Knoxville, and to let them (Malibu) know of any outstanding issues they have with Metcraft. This makes me believe that Malibu will step up to the plate and make our issues right. I'm hoping so anyway...

Thought I'd share a quick update - after two months of being in limbo, Malibu has stepped up. They were not able to locate any Metcraft bases, so they are shipping two Titan racks my way now. Props to Malibu for taking care of it and all the work Grandpa's Marine in Greensboro NC put into making it happen. Thumbup.gif