Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

What's up with Met craft ?

07vrideblue

Been hearing rumors about Met craft so I tried calling them today and there phone has been disconnected !!!!

How will we go about getting board racks replaced(bad chrome,hole's showing up in my bimini top also)

This really sounds bad for all of us that have Met Craft product's.

Any info you can offer me would be greatly appreciated.

Based on the rumors - I would say they are out of business. If this is the case, no warranty or service. Best to hope nothing you have from them has issues. I suspect if you have a tower issue - Malibu may replace it with one of their new ones.

That is a problem,because I am having some issue's with chrome coming of my board rack's,and speaker's.

also having small pin size hole's showing up in my top.

Keeping my finger's crossed that maybe Malibu will help me out !!!

That is a problem,because I am having some issue's with chrome coming of my board rack's,and speaker's.

also having small pin size hole's showing up in my top.

Keeping my finger's crossed that maybe Malibu will help me out !!!

Doesn't sound to promising.

I also have problems with my chrome racks, light not working and pins holes in the bimi top. If nothing else hope the local dealers pick up the slack...

Edited by kentjina

It will be awful hard in these times for local dealers to pick up any slack! Which sucks for us the consumer. I just ordered some parts 2 wks ago through them which i received. They were supposedly closed for inventory but nobody is responding to emails etc. Metcraft has never been known for there speedy service Whistling.gif

Ok, word is they have been bought out of bankruptcy by STP. which is located in very close proximity to Malibu TN. I don't know what this means for everyone, but I got this from a very good source.

Ok, word is they have been bought out of bankruptcy by STP. which is located in very close proximity to Malibu TN. I don't know what this means for everyone, but I got this from a very good source.

Is that good news or bad for warranty issues ?

Malibu buys Titan.

Metcraft of Sylmar CA is bought by STP in TN?

Malibu is sued by Correct Craft over its Tower patents.

Malibu has an all-new tower...with dubious acceptance so far!

What is going on??

I had a rack fall off on 6/7/09 (yep, it just fell off - still has the cast metal packed in the threads of the bolt). My dealer has been working hard to get them to send a new rack since 6/8. They just received a letter from Malibu stating that Metcraft was moving their operation to Knoxville, and to let them (Malibu) know of any outstanding issues they have with Metcraft. This makes me believe that Malibu will step up to the plate and make our issues right. I'm hoping so anyway...

It sounds like Malibu is circling the wagons here in TN. May just be a good thing for the company!

My dealer just told me that the tower was changed to provide more rack "storage space" on the tower. I can handle 10 people on my boat and a maximum of 4 racks with 2 boards in each one. 10-8=2 I need another rack for 2 boards.

Edited by cyoda44

Just to update,Malibu has contacted me to try to help us out with our problem's.

My dealer has my board rack's in stock now!!!! Thank's to David at Pro Marine.in NC.

This my not be so bad after all,

Great boat company with great dealer's

That's why I bought the best boat on the market !!!!

Subscribing and following thread closely. :unsure:

I have my new 09 VTX but I am still waiting on my yellow tower...

My dealer "Coldwater Lake Marina" has been awesome. Thumbup.gif

They put a black tower on the boat while we are waiting for my Yellow tower

with speakers,Bimini and racks to arrive..

Scott

Edited by steemin

is it really called codwater lake? or did you forget an L? Whistling.gif not sure i'd like to wakeboard in codwater ROFL.gif

Edited by Blindside_137
is it really called codwater lake? or did you forget an L? Whistling.gif not sure i'd like to wakeboard in codwater ROFL.gif

Whoops!

Fixed Thumbup.gif

Scott

Malibu buys Titan.

Metcraft of Sylmar CA is bought by STP in TN?

Malibu is sued by Correct Craft over its Tower patents.

Malibu has an all-new tower...with dubious acceptance so far!

What is going on??

It dawned on my yesterday that this is all going on. So this is all speculation.

Metcraft makes a similar tower for other boat companies (Tige & Nautigue?)

Upsets someone at Malibu

Economy & slow boat sales start to take it's toll.... taking two tower companies down, ie Titan & Metcraft

Malibu executives sit down & hash what they want to do about it. So they buy out Titan. And let Metcraft sink or swim. Then use the skills at Titan to make their own tower.

Way off, huh.

Edited by Bill_AirJunky

Update on my Yellow tower:

I was told by my dealer that my tower is being built and powder coated in Tenn.

Malibu did not use or perhaps was unable to use Metcraft to complete the towers on order.

A new company is completing all of the open orders.

I was told that my tower will be done on August 7th.

I ordered my boat on May 13th and took delivery of my boat w/o a tower on June 18th.

Shortly there after my dealer installed a black tower with board racks for my use until the yellow tower arrives.

He is also going to pick up my boat next week and install my bimini and speakers.

Kudos to my dealer Coldwater Lake Marina for delivering great service under the circumstances. Thumbup.gif

Scott

• 2 weeks later...
Yep, bad for warranty! I have a broken bimini support and malibu said to call Bakes!

On Fri One of my good friends found that his tower is cracked in HALF!

It looks to be spit right where the bolt for the top tower speaker goes through. You can see the powder coat is cracked all the way around but still looks to be holding together. had it out all day on Fri with no catastrophic failures

Yep, bad for warranty! I have a broken bimini support and malibu said to call Bakes!

It looks to be spit right where the bolt for the top tower speaker goes through. You can see the powder coat is cracked all the way around but still looks to be holding together. had it out all day on Fri with no catastrophic failures

Wow, I'm supposed to be down there riding the next two weekends. Thanks for the reminder to only ride behind a Titan.

Wow, I'm supposed to be down there riding the next two weekends. Thanks for the reminder to only ride behind a Titan.

You gonna be down here for two weeks? We should hook up and ride sometime.......

So is Metcraft in business or not? My dealer sent in a warranty request for crappy stitching and pin holes on my bimini the middle of June and then just last week he called me to say that Metcraft is out of business and I am out of luck on the warranty. Is there someone else I should talk to or do I just need to bite the bullet and take it to someone local and spend another couple of hundred to make it right.

Hey Mr. Obama you've given my money to everyone else - lets give the boating industry some too - at least my money would be going to something I give a rip about. Whistling.gif