Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

ECU Problem - Eng ECU No Data

My 2007 V Ride with the Indmar 5.7 LCR stopped running from a idle and the dash LCD flashes "Eng ECU - No Data - 25 Seconds - Not Responding"

The hour meter on the main screen with the clock shows 0 hours when you turn on the ignition switch then within 10 seconds the LCD screen starts flashing "Eng ECU - No Data - 25 Seconds - Not Responding" error.

Has anyone had the same problem?

What did you do to correct the problem?

Is this a ECU or wiring issue?

Thanks

Todd

This happened twice with my vride....I started a similar thread asking if anyone knew what it was (but couldn't find by searching).

Basically no one knew what it was (if I remember correctly).

The dealership told me to turn it off and back on....said sometimes if the battery is low, the ecu may not have a signal for a second or two....could cause it. I think that's bs. If the battery is low when it is running then I need a new alternator....and I don't.

I did turn it off and back on and it was fine after that....

I'd be curious tho if anyone else has experienced this as well....

My 06 VLX has done it several times. Always notice it after up to speed. Boat keeps running but speed control and gauges don't. After turning off and back on all is fine again. May not do it for again for months.

My 2007 V-Ride did this last winter. I think my battery had recently been disconnected or was low or something.

After several months I de-winterized it, and I did not see that or have I ever seen that since (been 8 months now?).

• 2 years later...

My 2007 V Ride with the Indmar 5.7 LCR stopped running from a idle and the dash LCD flashes "Eng ECU - No Data - 25 Seconds - Not Responding"

The hour meter on the main screen with the clock shows 0 hours when you turn on the ignition switch then within 10 seconds the LCD screen starts flashing "Eng ECU - No Data - 25 Seconds - Not Responding" error.

Thanks

Todd

did you find any solutions to this problem todd?? ive got a wakesetter 247 that is doing the exact same thing but everytime

Thanks

Todd

Thats what happens when you have a power or ground loose or dissconnected. I've seen it in my boat when I disconnected power wire. Check the connections at engine and batteries.

Edited by 06vlx

Thats what happens when you have a power or ground loose or dissconnected. I've seen it in my boat when I disconnected power wire. Check the connections at engine and batteries.

does anyone have a wiring diagram of the ECU power and accessories circuit that includes the cable harness to the dash board from the ECU? ive been checking all my connections and cant seem to find a blown fuse or anything so im thinking it could be a grounding isssue.

the dealer i took it to also couldnt connect with the ecu on his scan tool. does anyone know if the ecu has to properly powered ie ( powered and gronded correctly) to allow the interface to take place?

Thanks

Todd

NO ECU is when your dash loses communication with your engine computer (the computers use a two way communication called CAN bus)

It can be caused from

• loose battery terminals (erratic power spikes or ground loss)
  • low voltage (one battery lower CCA that what i needs)
  • Bad communication (bad circuit)
  • One of the computers can be having a issue

Start with the basics and check your continuity with ground & check your reference voltage (at the battery) to computers to check for voltage drops.

Hope this helps

-Paul

Do they still use the cannon plug in '07's?

No cannon plug, that went away back in 2004. Now its a Delphi waterproof 24 or 36 pin plug for the engine to boat harness and the boat to dash harness.

does anyone have a wiring diagram of the ECU power and accessories circuit that includes the cable harness to the dash board from the ECU? ive been checking all my connections and cant seem to find a blown fuse or anything so im thinking it could be a grounding isssue.

the dealer i took it to also couldnt connect with the ecu on his scan tool. does anyone know if the ecu has to properly powered ie ( powered and gronded correctly) to allow the interface to take place?

will it run? main ground is one of the bellhousing allen bolts

Should be able to connect regardless FWIU. My guess, your ECM has let go (if it won't start or run). Don't ask me how I know or whether I had the same symptoms. :innocent:

as for a diagram, Indmar has one on their site...get out your reading glasses.

Edited by 85 Barefoot