Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Looking for heatercraft install pics on Response w/ Monsoon

Hi everybody,

I just got my Heatercraft heater for my 07 Response LXi with the Monsoon 340 and was looking for pictures on where it ties into the engine, I definitely a visual not technical person!!

If anybody has pics on where the hoses attach as well as pics of the Y fitting attachment it would be greatly appreciated. Also need suggestions on location of the 2 pull out hoses??

With 23 out of 29 days of rain here in the northeast, this puppy needs to be installed soon!!!

Thanks in advance

The Y adapter goes inline with your raw water intake line, right before the intake side of the raw water pump.

ypump.jpg

yadapter.jpg

The intake line goes in a fitting in your intake manifold. Youll need to remove the plug that's in there. Nice to put a valve in so you can shut off the flow if you want to. In case of a leak or something.

Note: This pic is the MasterCraft MCX engine, same as the Monsoon except for the red intake plenum.

heatervalvemcx.jpg

The Y adapter goes inline with your raw water intake line, right before the intake side of the raw water pump.

ypump.jpg

yadapter.jpg

The intake line goes in a fitting in your intake manifold. Youll need to remove the plug that's in there. Nice to put a valve in so you can shut off the flow if you want to. In case of a leak or something.

Note: This pic is the MasterCraft MCX engine, same as the Monsoon except for the red intake plenum.

heatervalvemcx.jpg

Thanks for the quick response and pictures Big Mac, Very helpful

I thought thats what the directions said for the Y fitting but taking cold water didn't seem right for a heater??

One more question from the second pic- is the back left side of the engine if looking from the observers seat?

Thanks again

Thanks for the quick response and pictures Big Mac, Very helpful

I thought thats what the directions said for the Y fitting but taking cold water didn't seem right for a heater??

One more question from the second pic- is the back left side of the engine if looking from the observers seat?

Thanks again

The flame arrestor in the image is the "front" of the engine. On a V-drive, it would be the left side of the boat, on a direct drive it would be the right side.