Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Maliview, Worth it?

scottserena

Ordering a 2010 23 LSV. After having a Malibu for the last 10 years I know what I would not get again:

* Heaters. Almost 100% of my boating is at Lake Havasu. Heaters were a waste

* Hot water shower. Never used it, not once!

* Tower Lights. Can't board at night

But my salesman is telling me the Maliview is a waste of money (about $1400.00), does nothing more then the standard system. I have no desire to ever watch a video in my boat, or gawd forbid although video games in my boat. I go boating to get away from that crap!

Does anyone have an opinion of the Maliview? Does it do more then the standard system (besides a log of the depth finder, whoopee)?

Any other must have options?

Ordering a 2010 23 LSV. After having a Malibu for the last 10 years I know what I would not get again:

* Heaters. Almost 100% of my boating is at Lake Havasu. Heaters were a waste

* Hot water shower. Never used it, not once!

* Tower Lights. Can't board at night

But my salesman is telling me the Maliview is a waste of money (about $1400.00), does nothing more then the standard system. I have no desire to ever watch a video in my boat, or gawd forbid although video games in my boat. I go boating to get away from that crap!

Does anyone have an opinion of the Maliview? Does it do more then the standard system (besides a log of the depth finder, whoopee)?

Any other must have options?

Definetly go with the maliview. The auto wedgge feature is great for the riding and for the boat. You will improve a lot of hole shot using the wedge.

Go with that feature, I love it.

Luciano from argentina

Auto Wedge is available without the Maliview. According to my salesman, it is not true that the Auto Wedge is only available with the Maliview.

So any thing else about the Maliview make it worthwihile?

Auto Wedge is available without the Maliview. According to my salesman, it is not true that the Auto Wedge is only available with the Maliview.

So any thing else about the Maliview make it worthwihile?

The rider pre-sets are very nice to have, the auto volume is cool also when it's totally perfected. The cool thing about Malivue is it can be updated by the owner at any time via usb drive. Screen is big and easy to see even in sunlight, also nice to have all your information right there in your face and it's all much bigger than on the smaller screen.

I like it but if you don't want it don't get it. You should go play with one first then make your decision.

I like the MaliView that I have, makes it nice during the day. But at night time it does not dim so it makes it impossible to see at night with the glare. I put a tshirt in front of it to block it. Don't think I would get it again because of the no dim feature, if they fixed that I would. Just my opinion.

I like the MaliView that I have, makes it nice during the day. But at night time it does not dim so it makes it impossible to see at night with the glare. I put a tshirt in front of it to block it. Don't think I would get it again because of the no dim feature, if they fixed that I would. Just my opinion.

They had this same issue at least through 2006 with the LCD display. It is so bright at night, I can barely see past the windshield, let alone the front of the boat. I wonder if any of these engineers actually take boats out at night before they put these features in the boat.

If not, here's a clue. If you are lighting something up in front of your face, allow us to dim it.

trust me, i have tried dimming every switch in the boat, even went in to the maliview set up and nothing there. I could just have a bad one since I have the Black Box Infection but as of now, it will not dim. Toggle switches and standard CD players are really not that out of style, because they work! thanks for the tip though. Reminds me of a friend (i have done it as well) whose boat wouldn't start and after about 30 min, we figured out the kill switch was off! nice.

I would swap you out my display for your malivue anyday...... you just say the word !! haha

Edited by kentjina

mine dims with the dash lights mux switch too - I think the mux switch rotates through four settings - off, on, dim 1 and dim 2. Only after leaving it in dim 2 for 2-3 seconds does the Maliview go off. If your's doesn't, may have to go to dealer. I drove mine for awhile at night with Maliview on, and had to stand up and look over windshield to see anything. I tried to get some bikini tops/bottoms to cover up the lighted screen, but no luck. :(

will look in to it deeper, something must not be hooked up right. does anyone know of a site or something for the maliview update? it says on the set up screen to save viperapp.mem to a stick and use the usb. any help would be appreciated. thanks! going to the shop tomorrow for a new black box, which is the 3.4 version. hopefully that will help. i will be selling my 08 LSV with 250 hours on it in September. it does have maliview and all options basically. just wanted to throw that out there.

I had my doubts about the Maliview, but am fully backing it now that I have used it this summer. It also includes the depth finder which is a good chunk of change all by itself.

Last time I drove at night I simply I turned off the interior lights including the dash and only ran the docking lights. I don't need to know how fast I'm going when the speed limit is 5 mph, of course I was complying w/ it...... :)

Of all the things you listed in the first post Maliview is the only thing you can't add later.

Last time I drove at night I simply I turned off the interior lights including the dash and only ran the docking lights. I don't need to know how fast I'm going when the speed limit is 5 mph, of course I was complying w/ it...... :)

Of all the things you listed in the first post Maliview is the only thing you can't add later.

I did on my boat.