Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

How to use cruze control on 2006 247

attilio

I bought a 2006 247 and need some help with the cruze control. Does anyone know of a website that show how to use it? Been trying to set the disired speed but it will not take control.

I bought a 2006 247 and need some help with the cruze control. Does anyone know of a website that show how to use it? Been trying to set the disired speed but it will not take control.

I've got a 2006 21 LSV. I'm assuming that yours works the same. I don't have ready access to

my boat, but from memory I'm thinking that you press the upper left hand "button" on your

viewing screen, then you toggle up or down to set the cruise control speed using the "buttons"

on the right hand side. When you have the speed that you want, then you hit the red middle

"button" on the left hand side. It'll show "Speed On" when you are set, at least IIRC.

You have to have the engine running and gauges reading before you can begin the process.

And, once you've shut the ignition off, you've got to start all over when you start her back up.

If you forget to push the red button before getting under way, you can still get the cruise control

to kick in while moving as long as your speed is at least 5 MPH slower than the set speed.

Hope this helps you.

Edited by srab

The boat did not come with an owners manual.

Do you turn it on, set the speed you want, then take off?

Can the speed be adjusted while pulling?

Edited by attilio
The boat did not come with an owners manual.

Do you turn it on, set the speed you want, then take off?

Can the speed be adjusted while pulling?

Yes, turn it on, set the speed, and take off. The viewing screen should read out "Speed On" and

the speed you selected if you've done it correctly. If it reads "Speed Off," you still need to hit

the red button.

Yes, you can adjust the speed while pulling by hitting one of the arrow buttons up or down.

You can even turn the cruise control on, if you've forgotten, after you're under way, as long as your

current boat speed is at least 5 MPH below the set speed on the cruise. So, for example, if you're

pulling someone wakeboarding at, say, 20 MPH, and you then realize that you forgot to set the cruise,

you can toggle the "up" arrow to 25 or 26 MPH, push the red button to turn the cruise control on,

and then hit the "down" arrow back to 20 MPH, all without ever stopping or even really changing speed.

At least, that's how it has always worked for me.

Just contact Malibu Boats at www.malibuboats.com. They were very helpful and fast PDF'ing an owners' manual to me. It has all the info (and more). Just remember to check and double check the speed when pulling the Mrs. or significant other. Whistling.gif