Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

attwood AT800 question

Awest

I am desperate for a solution here. After reading all winter on this forum on how to plumb a ballast system I finally pulled the trigger, bought everything and started drilling and cursing. I have a simple (supposedly) setup with seperate atwood at800s as fill and drain each on 3 bags. Wired each pump to three beautiful Dana Marine switches and then hooked up my fake a lake plunger to the intakes to test them. This is where the cursing comes in. I can not seem to drain the bags at all. Filling doesn't work that well either. It seems that the pumps just will not prime and if they do they quickly loose their prime.

I will point out the obvious first.

1- The bags are vented into the drain lines above the water line with check valves. Even removing the check valve doesn't help

2- Drain pump in center locker won't prime even if it is put in a bucket of water.

3- Each fill pump is plumbed directly to it's own intake from Bake's

4- I have Fat Sac quick connect fittings and they are not sucking onto the bag

Hoses are not pinched anywhere

Did I buy the wrong pumps you ask? Did I install them backward. No. Because they prime for a few seconds each.

Here is the link to what I bought.

http://www.boatfix.com/shop3/store/viewIte...idProduct=11770

We are leaving Sunday to go up to Whitefish Lake for a week and would love to have this working.

Any help that you could give me would be deeply appreciated.

AW

• 1 month later...