Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

boat cover waterproofing

this summer its been nothing but rain.I'm tired of vacuming the out every time it rains,everyday.I've tired to waterproof it but nothing seems to work,especially with the tower cut outs. What is everyone else using for waterproofing?Or to keep tower holes from taking on so much water?please give me some info!

I periodically spray the cover with Scotchguard. Even with that water is still going to get in if from nothing else the moisture in the night air. I just have to open the cover every few days (depending on weather) and let it dry out.

• 3 weeks later...

Try 303 water proofing (green label), it's expensive $90.00 p/gallon. But it works better than anything I have tried, boat is allways dry even this summer of rain.

Try 303 water proofing (green label), it's expensive $90.00 p/gallon. But it works better than anything I have tried, boat is allways dry even this summer of rain.

Does it breathe? I scothcguarded mine and then it didn't breathe well at all and started the mold on the inside of the cover.

I've used a product called Aquatite on my cover after getting a recommendation from an upholstery shop. It seems to work great..... the stuff would waterproof a paper towel.

I haven't noticed any mold or mildew but it's pretty dry here too.

You can get that stuff here for $70 a gallon plus whatever shipping is.

I've used a product called Aquatite on my cover after getting a recommendation from an upholstery shop. It seems to work great..... the stuff would waterproof a paper towel.

I haven't noticed any mold or mildew but it's pretty dry here too.

Plus1.gif

post-690-1248930762_thumb.jpgpost-690-1248930744_thumb.jpgpost-690-1248930776_thumb.jpgpost-690-1248930788_thumb.jpgI was worried about keeping the boat dry with the illusion tower so I had Tower Bimini make a custom tower and boat cover out of the top grade Sunbrella. The boat cover goes on first then the tower cover goes over. Its all zippered and Velcro. The funny thing is that Tower Bimini had my boat so long that I bought a house with a shop to store my vlx while they were making the cover. So I have a new tower and boat cover if your interested. The down side to that solution is it cost a small fortune to make.