Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Digital switches staying on

I just bought a 08 VLX used and noticed that the digital switched were staying on after I pull the key out. the previous owner said that the turn off after a couple of minutes. Last night I took the boat out and when i parked it I saw that the gauges were still on so I didn't worry because he said they would turn off. This morning I checked the boat and noticed they were still on. So i turned the batteries off. can anyone shed some light on this problem.

I just bought a 08 VLX used and noticed that the digital switched were staying on after I pull the key out. the previous owner said that the turn off after a couple of minutes. Last night I took the boat out and when i parked it I saw that the gauges were still on so I didn't worry because he said they would turn off. This morning I checked the boat and noticed they were still on. So i turned the batteries off. can anyone shed some light on this problem.

They are supposed to turn off after 30 min. Also if you press the all off button it will turn them off in a few seconds.

The "all off" button was added to my boat with the 2008 make it right service. You should make sure that service was done on your boat. Some pretty important stuff is included.