Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Tubing Poll

WakingMeHappy

To tube or not to tube?  

182 members have voted

1. 1. Do you pull tubes with your boat?

• Yes, they are a lot of fun.
    • No, nothing wrong with them. We just prefer other water sports.
    • No, they?re dangerous and should be banned. (defend your answer)
    • No!, there?s no freak?in way I?m allowing a tube in my Wakeboard Boat. (defend your answer)
  2. 2. Who tubes in your boat?

• Everyone
    • Adults because there are no kids
    • Kids
    • Friends who like the water but can?t ski or board
    • Pets (if you check this one we need pics please)
    • No one

I searched back a couple of years in the forums so unless I missed it there isn’t a pole specifically for using tubes.

The basic question is, “do you tube?”

And just for fun…..if you view this post but don’t answer the pole it will be assumed you use tubes because you can’t get up on a wakeboard.Biggrin.gif

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• WakingMeHappy

• Ndawg12

• WakeGirl

• jetskipro550

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Short little off-topic bunny trail... Biggrin.gif

WakingMeHappy - What's up with the skier in your avatar? You're supposed to let go of the handle with the outside hand, not the inside hand. :Doh::lol:

[/hi-jack] Back to ridiculing tubers.

WakingMeHappy - What's up with the skier in your avatar? You're supposed to let go of the handle with the outside hand, not the inside hand. :Doh::lol:

[/hi-jack] Back to ridiculing tubers.

Uhm, maybe that's why my arm hurts and I don't cut corners very well.Cry.gif Old habits are hard to break. :blush:

We tend to go out with a lot of people and stay out for long stretch.

We love to board, surf, ski (especially early and late in the day) and even skate and kneeboard a little. And we help lots of people get up on a board for the first time.

But it's tough to beat the high capacity (unskilled) aspect of the occasional tube run during the middle of the day - especially for friends/family that don't get out on the water much. We usually throw 7 people out on 3 tubes at a time. Keeps lots of people laughing and smiling at the end of the rope, and a little more peace/elbow room in the boat for a while.

As the kids have grown -- the tube ratio has continued to decline.

Note: we do try to 'tube responsibly' and not squirrel around by other boats, riders, docks, etc.

I can wakeboard, kneeboard, ski, etc. but I still enjoy standing the tube up on end on a hard whip and doing barrel roles on the wake! Here's a pic of me and my 11 month old son getting ready!!

post-8316-1246535858_thumb.jpg

I can wakeboard, kneeboard, ski, etc. but I still enjoy standing the tube up on end on a hard whip and doing barrel roles on the wake! Here's a pic of me and my 11 month old son getting ready!!

Nice shot..., but it doesn't look like your boy has developed your enthusiasm (yet) :unsure:

Nice shot..., but it doesn't look like your boy has developed your enthusiasm (yet) :unsure:

He was getting tired but I was determined to ride with him before the end of the day. It was funny because we actually fell off and I held him up in the air and I don't think he even touched the water, kind of like when you fall off your barstool, flip twice and roll over and not spill a drop of your brew. How do we do that??!!

Tubes are fun for everybody.We wakeboard and ski as well but the tube gets used every trip out.Its about family fun for me I'll even let my little boy fish off it from time to time.The attitude of some on this forum are ridiculous. The memories and fun are more important than how cool I look on the water.

... kind of like when you fall off your barstool, flip twice and roll over and not spill a drop of your brew. How do we do that??!!

Not sure... but I can assure you that I have that move mastered. Beer.gif

A possible theory is that (some) men develop or are born w/ a built in BPG (beer preservation gyro).

The attitude of some on this forum are ridiculous. The memories and fun are more important than how cool I look on the water.

I agree. There are always kids on my boat. They can do what they want. And if that includes riding a tube behind my tournament style boat, I'll stay out all day pulling them till they can't stand up. I don't care what others think...it's about my kids and friends and their kids, and some of them (including the adults) will never be able to wakeboard or ski, and that's fine by me. They are just as welcome.

No tubes. Get some skills or some balls, I don't care which. Ride something that requires more skill than a blob of jello.

Rockon.gif

You haven't seen a good tuber! I would rather exhaust myself wakeboarding and barefooting, but back in the day when there simply was no such thing as exhausting yourself we used to go W2W on tubes, barrel roll out of a whip (roll over and over but not let go), jump tube to tube, etc. Definitely some skill involved in all of that, and some serious strength.

If it's a busy Saturday on the lake with a chop everywhere I'd rather tube, then get some calm water of the boarding/footing later.

For me personally, I get just as much enjoyment out of pulling tubers, I could do it all day long. Weaving back and forth and constantly playing with the throttle and then seeing them go a** over apple cart.

Did someone mention that they do the "f-word" on there BU??? Whistling.gif

We own tubes, but they only get used once a year at our big family camping trip. They are great for people who don't want to (or can't) do anything else on the water. I enjoy towing them and throwing them, but I won't get on one! I haven't used a tube in probably 6 years and that is just because the last two times I did, I ruptured my right ear drum.

The attitude of some on this forum are ridiculous. The memories and fun are more important than how cool I look on the water.

I agree. There are always kids on my boat. They can do what they want. And if that includes riding a tube behind my tournament style boat, I'll stay out all day pulling them till they can't stand up. I don't care what others think...it's about my kids and friends and their kids, and some of them (including the adults) will never be able to wakeboard or ski, and that's fine by me. They are just as welcome.

I could not have said it better.

I find it interesting how many people haul around their inflated tubes.. esp while towing on the freeway. Don't these people know there are pumps that can fill the tubes quickly, and they don't have to carry them inflated? :lol:

MalibuNation
I find it interesting how many people haul around their inflated tubes.. esp while towing on the freeway. Don't these people know there are pumps that can fill the tubes quickly, and they don't have to carry them inflated? :lol:

Airhead

post-371-1246551138.gif

I keep ours inflated all the time because I have found the deflating them causes weak spots (especially on seams) and holes develop. They're small enough they fit under the cover so I don't have to tie them down.

No tubes. Get some skills or some balls, I don't care which. Ride something that requires more skill than a blob of jello.

Rockon.gif

We have a friends who young daughter has spinal bifida. Being this little Angel (also her name) can’t walk, getting up on a wakeboard or the like just isn’t going to happen. I pulled her and her dad in the tube (rather slowly) and you couldn’t have asked for a more perfect day. The thrill and pure joy she experienced got me a little chocked up. Later, I let her drive the boat while I stood behind her. Neither she nor I will ever forget that day.

I keep ours inflated all the time because I have found the deflating them causes weak spots (especially on seams) and holes develop. They're small enough they fit under the cover so I don't have to tie them down.

Plus1.gif I firmly believe that's why ours has lasted 8 years it's only been deflated 2 or 3 times ever!!!

Rockon.gif

We have a friends who young daughter has spinal bifida. Being this little Angel (also her name) can’t walk, getting up on a wakeboard or the like just isn’t going to happen. I pulled her and her dad in the tube (rather slowly) and you couldn’t have asked for a more perfect day. The thrill and pure joy she experienced got me a little chocked up. Later, I let her drive the boat while I stood behind her. Neither she nor I will ever forget that day.

Our youngest son is autistic & I truly believe that we would never have gotten him behind the boat had it not been for the tube. He went from that, to being talked into kneeboarding on the surfboard, & now he's riding a wakeboard. He may never be great at any of it, but he has a great time. If that isn't the essence of why you're out there in the first place, then I don't know what is.

That is exactly why we pull the tube around Tracie. Kids and adults who both dislike the water have used the tube as a way to get them out there having fun. Several have moved on to trying surfing.

Great job for you and the hubby to get the little man out there having a great time. That is what boating is all about, Family fun on the water!

Edited by trentj6930