Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

new 2008 23 lsv

reklaw

hi. my family just bought a brand new 2008 23 lsv. we rode in a 2007 sunscape (with the diamond hull) about a week ago and the wakesurfing wake was super huge! the sweet spot was way long and the wake had a good shape. we took our 2008 out for the first time the other night and the wake wasn't even close to as good. the shape was all wrong and it had a lot of bubbles in it. we went with the factory presets which made things better, but it still wasn't close to as good at that stupid sunscape. any recommendations?

hi. my family just bought a brand new 2008 23 lsv. we rode in a 2007 sunscape (with the diamond hull) about a week ago and the wakesurfing wake was super huge! the sweet spot was way long and the wake had a good shape. we took our 2008 out for the first time the other night and the wake wasn't even close to as good. the shape was all wrong and it had a lot of bubbles in it. we went with the factory presets which made things better, but it still wasn't close to as good at that stupid sunscape. any recommendations?

Should have bought a sunscape Dontknow.gif

2007 and 2008 are totaly differant hulls! With some extra ballast I`ll bet you will be happy with the 08. we are tweeking an 09 right now. (same as 08) so far it is good with a 750 in the locker a 400 under the seats and a 400 on top of the seats plus the stock surf set up.

we have all 4 ballasts and the hammerhead for more weight and it still wont get the right curl on the wake. and I thought the 2008 hull was suppose to be better

the cut dimond hull is way better for surfing than the wakehull, we have noticed that between my cut dimond vtx, nd a makes wakehull vtx

I have an 08 lsv. Like mentioned above, stock surf setup (bow, mid surf side rear full) 750 in rear locker, 400 under seat or on floor and another on the seat. Put some people in the bow, shoot for 60/40 rear/front and you will have a great wave.

ok. we will try that out next time we go out. but we tried using the front ballast before and it just made the wake worse but we will try people distribution.

ok so we loaded up our boat with people on the 4th of july and it did mucho grande! the people in the boat werent cooperating and we had too many people in the bow so the wake was longer and not as tall. but overall much better. has anyone rode in a tige 22ve? how do you think the wakesurf wake compares?

I have an 08 LSV with the hammerhead and wake hull. we start with the stock set up. Then it depends on the number of people we have. On the 4th of July weekend we just loaded it with people and the wave was great. Usually we have 4 people, so one rider and 3 people in the boat. We go stock set up plus 450 lbs in the rear locker on the side your surfing and the people all on the surf side. I was just out yesterday and could go for as long as my thighs would handle. could easily ride 3-5 minutes with no handle. I think the key is the driving, most people will turn slightly to the side you are surfing and we have found that to be a big mistake, it makes the wake tall, but has no power. If you actually turn the wheel slightly to the other side, so you are going mostly straight with a slight opposite turn, the wave is tall, has nice curl, but more important has a very large fast usable area to ride.