Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

faster fill pump - replacing stock rear pumps

atxfletch

Has anyone here replaced their stock rear Pirahna 800 fill pumps with something faster? Did it make much of a difference?

I just finished installing a Bakes-type system with the Y-valves.....which allows me to fill the hard tanks first and then turn the valves to redirect the flow into the ProX 750 bags. I added the dedicated drain pumps as well for each bag.

While it does fill the 750's at a decent speed, I'd like to make it even faster. I'm wondering to what degree the 3/4" intake and hose lines would restrict that flow?

thanks,

Mark

Has anyone here replaced their stock rear Pirahna 800 fill pumps with something faster? Did it make much of a difference?

I just finished installing a Bakes-type system with the Y-valves.....which allows me to fill the hard tanks first and then turn the valves to redirect the flow into the ProX 750 bags. I added the dedicated drain pumps as well for each bag.

While it does fill the 750's at a decent speed, I'd like to make it even faster. I'm wondering to what degree the 3/4" intake and hose lines would restrict that flow?

thanks,

Mark

i just bought some pirahna 1100s for the drain side. They are 3/4 input which should screw right into the bags and 1 1/8 output which I am going to run to a 1 1/8 thru hull fitting. I found some 1 1/8 thru hull fittings that are the same outside diameter as the stock ones but bigger hole in the middle.

I am going to bring the stop watch out on the weekend and i'll post the times for both the 800 and 1100. I am hoping it is worth the effort.

I'll throw this out there. When I fill my rear tanks the floor in the rear lockers lifts up (a lot). I thought I had a REAL problem when I first noticed it. I was lucky enough to have a NASA engineer on board to help diagnose the problem. After taking lots of stuff apart, he determined that the tanks fill with water faster than the air can exit. The extra pressure blows up the hard plastic tank like a balloon. Keep that in mind when you think about adding a faster pump.

I'll throw this out there. When I fill my rear tanks the floor in the rear lockers lifts up (a lot). I thought I had a REAL problem when I first noticed it. I was lucky enough to have a NASA engineer on board to help diagnose the problem. After taking lots of stuff apart, he determined that the tanks fill with water faster than the air can exit. The extra pressure blows up the hard plastic tank like a balloon. Keep that in mind when you think about adding a faster pump.

yeah....mine does the same thing sometimes....the fake floor bends...I'm guessing that is whats happening.