Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

oil filter comparison

Cool link. Downloaded all the pages, including "opinions" and the motorcycle filter pages....

Seems Amsoil, Baldwin, Hard Driver, WIX and Mobile 1 are the best (in their premium versions)

Those to avoid are Fram (already well known), and all AC/Delco.....as well as all the side/off brands made by these jokers Thumbup.gifThumbup.gifThumbup.gif

Cool link. Downloaded all the pages, including "opinions" and the motorcycle filter pages....

Seems Amsoil, Baldwin, Hard Driver, WIX and Mobile 1 are the best (in their premium versions)

Those to avoid are Fram (already well known), and all AC/Delco.....as well as all the side/off brands made by these jokers Thumbup.gifThumbup.gifThumbup.gif

Note that the Pennzoil PZ-3 that Indmar recommends with stickers all over their engines and owner's manuals is made by Fram...

The Mobil 1 filter will filter out particles as small as 19 microns. Better yet is the Purolater Pure One, which filters down to 10 micron particles, but it is quite restrictive to flow. The better brand name filters, filter down to about 40 microns.

Napa Gold Filters are WIX filters and seem to be easier to find than WIX.

Napa Gold Filters are WIX filters and seem to be easier to find than WIX.

The Indmar-recommended Pennzoil PZ-3 filter cross-references to a Wix 51069, or a NAPA Gold 1069 (as mentioned, those two are the same filter).

Here is the study from the last oil filter post old oil study same info.

here is a good 1 quart filter for you small block Chevy, more is better. :) I've been using this one on my V-drive and the K&N equivalent since new in 2004

post-149-1246757990_thumb.png

Edited by bigD

BigD do you have a remote filter location?

My 1069 just barely fits and its a pain to get to. My old Supra had the remote filter located up near the pylon which made it nice and easy, but I can not find a kit for the HH. I love the XL filters I use those in my truck, its always nice to have more oil capacity.

BigD do you have a remote filter location?

My 1069 just barely fits and its a pain to get to. My old Supra had the remote filter located up near the pylon which made it nice and easy, but I can not find a kit for the HH. I love the XL filters I use those in my truck, its always nice to have more oil capacity.

Nope, fits just fine in the stock location on my 2004 Monsoon powered V-drive.