Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Our new VTX

G_Anders

Took her out for the first time on Sunday and had a blast, we downsized and went with a VTX rather than looking for another VLX. The price was right and I love the color combo, thought I would share a pic!

Cheers

49118555970803861573803.th.jpg

My 06 VLX was Black and Yellow and to tell you the truth I told myself never again would I buy a boat with such dark colors. The water spots and swirl marks from cleaning and waxing got to me. I would have been happy with an all white one but feel in love with the peach. To each his own, trust me Ive seen some color combo's on here and ask myself WTF were they thinking smoking when they purchased. Everyone has there own taste.

Cool. I like yellow boats and yellow cars, but can never quite commit to that much color for myself. (although I have had one yellow car when I was 20). I have a sneaking suspicion that Metcraft messed up delivering steemin's yellow VTX tower 'cause they thought they already made and delivered the yellow VTX tower!

Cool. I like yellow boats and yellow cars, but can never quite commit to that much color for myself. (although I have had one yellow car when I was 20). I have a sneaking suspicion that Metcraft messed up delivering steemin's yellow VTX tower 'cause they thought they already made and delivered the yellow VTX tower!

Lovin the yellow Thumbup.gif

My boat is all yellow except the very top of the hull and the section that has the "Wakesetter"

logos.. These areas are white.

I like the look of yellow.

And it is highly visible on the water which IMHO is a safety benefit.

It also should not get as hot and show less water spots..

You may be right on the Metcraft mix up...

The dealer is going to install a black tower tomorrow and then come back and install the yellow tower next week..Great service from Coldwater Lake Marine Thumbup.gif

Scott

Edited by steemin
Scott,

Make sure to post pic's once you get it

Will do.

I also have a slingshot yellow Chevrolet SSR,2 Yellow Ski doo snowmobiles and a yellow Sea Doo waverunner.

Yes I like yellow Thumbup.gif

Scott

The dealer is going to install a black tower tomorrow and then come back and install the yellow tower next week..Great service from Coldwater Lake Marine Thumbup.gif

Scott

Good to hear Coldwater is taking care of you Darrin always did a good job for us.

By the way nice looking boat G_Anders

Edited by tmcb

Scott

Good to hear Coldwater is taking care of you Darrin always did a good job for us.

Darrin is no longer with Coldwater Lake Marina.

I think he moved?

I bought a Sea Doo and a Pontoon from Darrin and he did a great job...

I am now working with Les the owner..

Very pleased so far.

Scott

Edited by steemin

Scott

Darrin is no longer with Coldwater Lake Marina.

I think he moved?

I bought a Sea Doo and a Pontoon from Darrin and he did a great job...

I am now working with Les the owner..

Very pleased so far.

Scott

Sorry to hear Darrin is no longer there but it seemed from my few conversations with Les he is a good guy also.

• 3 weeks later...
What do you guys think about tinting the windshield? I have seen it on other boats but what are the disadvantages?

This goes along the lines of personal preference. Tinted windshields look good, but are a PITA once the sun goes down. My vote is don't do it. You got a sweeeeeet lookin boat already. Don't mess with it.