Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Rattle at Fuel Tank

Hello Crew,

I have this very annoying rattle that is heard when at an idle at the rear of the floor board right under the center support for the seat cusions on my 04 vlx wakesetter. Last weekend while at the lake I removed the floor board to expose the fuel tank. The noise seems to be coming from the fuel pick up line 90 degree elbow mounted to the tank that goes up to the filter. Is there an anti siphon valve in tank that could be rattling? I had 1/4 tank of fuel. After I left the lake, I filled up the fuel, I will see if that changes anything. I will be out again on Thurs.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Gordon

Edited by GORDON

I was at the lake today. Focused my attention on this "rattle". The fuel tank is full. I noticed today I can hear it when I turn the key to power up the dash. Once the fuel pump is primed, it goes away until I start and idle the engine. Once under way, I can't seem to hear it as I think the engine drowns it out.

Any suggestions with this one?

Thanks,

Gordon

This one must have stumped the Crew. Anyone have any ideas or additional questions. This thing is driving me nuts.

Gordon