Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

New Malibu

steemin

Just took delivery of my 09 VTX.

The only problem is that I have no tower or speakers or racks Mad.gif .

Metcraft is jerking my dealer around on the delivery of my yellow Illusion X tower.

Metcraft states that they "were doing inventory" and did not process my order.

Furthermore they cannot tell my dealer if it has been built or shipped??

I know these are the facts as I have seen the email correspondences.

Can you imagine not being able to tell a customer if his part has been built or shipped.

Or more importantly when it will actually be delivered Crazy.gif

One would think that in this economy that businesses would be on the top of their game.

On the flip side my dealer Coldwater Lake Marina has been awesome and has been a pleasure to work with. He has bent over backwards to take care of me Thumbup.gif

Hopefully this will all be resolved soon and I can really enjoy my new boat...

Scott

Edited by steemin

Congratulations ...

Don't feel bad ... All suppliers have been trying to keep really low inventory levels because of the economy and it seems like everywhere you go, there are parts shortages.

After having some warranty claims with Metcraft, I can attest that it took 3 months to finally resolve it. The dealer made a plethora of phone calls either w/o a response or we don't know we'll call you back and never heard anything. I'd suggest talking to your dealer about switching brands if they've yet to start your order.

Just got an update from the dealer.

He is going to install a black tower on my boat with a couple of racks while we are waiting on

my yellow tower and accessories to arrive..

I am sure that this is all at my dealers expense...

Again he has been awesome Thumbup.gif

My dealer was told that they are powder coating my tower and that it will be shipped next week.

I agree that times are tough.

But to not be able to tell a customer for almost 2 weeks if a part was made or shipped Whistling.gif .

Come on that is unacceptable by any standard I am not giving them a pass..

Scott

It's going to be hard dealing with metcraft now that they have an agreement with Tige now... I would suspect within 2 years, it'll be almost impossible to find racks or illusion X(S) towers for warranty work.