Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Wheel Locks

MalibuTime

Wheel locks for your trailer  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Which is it?

• I have upgraded/alloy wheels and no locks
    • I have upgraded/alloy wheels and wheel locks
    • I have std steel wheels and no locks
    • I have std steel wheels and wheel locks
    • I have upgrade/alloy and am planning to get wheel locks
    • I have std steel wheels and am planning to get wheel locks

The trailer lock thread got me thinking. I have been meaning to pick up some wheel locks for my trailer since it would be really easy to lift off 4 nice alloy trailer wheels in about 60 seconds while my trailer sat empty at the launch for someone organized. I looked last year but didn't like the ones I found, then never really followed up on it.

I have wheel locks on the trailer but not on the spare, I haven't been too overly worried about it because we launch at the same place and have pretty good security in the parking lot, besides if they did take it off it's only one wheel/tire but I guess if they needed only one it would do.

I have locks on the trailer & trk wheels and the spare is in the truck bed with a thick rubber coted motorcycle type cable locked to the bed.

I also have a longer cable in the truck to run through ice chest chairs bikes snowboards Etc.. when I need to park somewhere for awhile.

I have locks on the trailer & trk wheels and the spare is in the truck bed with a thick rubber coted motorcycle type cable locked to the bed.

I also have a longer cable in the truck to run through ice chest chairs bikes snowboards Etc.. when I need to park somewhere for awhile.

I thought about buying a set of 4 wheel locks (only using two) for the spare but my luck I would loose the socket key and not be able to get it off if I really needed it Whistling.gif that would make two locks for the boat/trailer and two for the truck :)

Edited by 68Slalom

I thought about buying a set of 4 wheel locks (only using two) for the spare but my luck I would loose the socket key and not be able to get it off if I really needed it Whistling.gif that would make two locks for the boat/trailer and two for the truck :)

I have wheel locks on the truck, wheel locks on the trailer, lock on the trailer tongue, lock on the receiver, plus the keys for the truck & boat. And spares for everything.... because every now & then I have that kind of luck too. Plus recently I had to go thru all my tools & make sure I had all the size sockets I needed to get the truck, trailer or spare tires off & on.

Plus I tow an ATV trailer too. So there are locks & lugs on it to carry in the truck. I did luck out & get two same keyed padlocks for the two trailers..... Beer.gif

Edited by Bill_AirJunky