Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Windshield alignment problem

ride_everyday

I noticed that the pass-through door on the windshield does not close properly, the bottom seems to be aligned but the top is off by 3/4". Also the door is going a little uphill to the starboard side. It appears that the whole windshield has moved outward at the top. The lower lock works fine on the pass-through but the top lock totally misses the starboard side frame.

The windshield is a Taylor Made, boat is a 01 Wakesetter VLX.

Has anyone had this problem, and any ideas on how to fix it?

Thanks!

I noticed that the pass-through door on the windshield does not close properly, the bottom seems to be aligned but the top is off by 3/4". Also the door is going a little uphill to the starboard side. It appears that the whole windshield has moved outward at the top. The lower lock works fine on the pass-through but the top lock totally misses the starboard side frame.

The windshield is a Taylor Made, boat is a 01 Wakesetter VLX.

Has anyone had this problem, and any ideas on how to fix it?

Thanks!

Posting some pics might help your diagnosis.

The (or both) windshields shifted. You would need to loosen all the screws in the bottom of the two frames and line them back up and tighten down again.

I dont know what your hinges look like but have an 06' 23lsv. Some chick sat on my windscreen when it was in the open position and bent one of the hinges. The windshield was missaligned like yours by about the same amount. I just bent the hinge back up and it is like new.

Edited by mellen_mpz

Back in the pre 2003? boats there was an issue with the lower part of the decking spreading apart at the walk-through. Malibu beefed-up this area to correct a problem with the flip open window getting spread further apart from the main windshield by installing a metal "U" shaped reinforcement in the floor. Maybe someone with exact model years can chime in better than me.

So, for all of us with 2000ish boats, we get the spreading.

Back in the pre 2003? boats there was an issue with the lower part of the decking spreading apart at the walk-through. Malibu beefed-up this area to correct a problem with the flip open window getting spread further apart from the main windshield by installing a metal "U" shaped reinforcement in the floor. Maybe someone with exact model years can chime in better than me.

So, for all of us with 2000ish boats, we get the spreading.

I have a 1995 sunsetter and have the opposite problem, meaning the opening has closed up or is narrower at the bottom so my walk through window will not close all the way. Depending on temp it gets either better or worse due to expansion and contraction.

I did not know you could actually adjust the windshield frame to increase or decrease the opening, is this also true for 1995 circa Bu's

Technically, it's not adjustable. I'm just saying that if you were to loosen or remove all the screws holding the bottom windshield frame in place, you could possibly get a little adjustment out of it. I've heard most people that have done this end up not re-using the original holes because they get boogered-up and instead, drill new holes and through bolt the windshield back down.

The (or both) windshields shifted. You would need to loosen all the screws in the bottom of the two frames and line them back up and tighten down again.

Pete is right. I had the same problem. I drilled new holes and used larger SS screws. The old screw holes had worn too much to use.

The windshield on my 1991 boat got a little out of alignment last year after our big campout.

I redrilled some of the holes and through bolted using 1/4"-20 bolts, washers, and nuts.

This allowed me to align perfectly and reposition in the future should it happen again.