Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Offical 2010 Pictures Posted

Bake's Marine

I will need to see it in person, but as of right now Im not real blown away with it!

Edited by txwakejunkie
  • Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bake's Marine

• stewart

• CrazyTegger

• char

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I can tell this tower is one that will really grow on people. I think functionally it will be much better than either illusion tower. Looks wise it will take some time.

I can tell this tower is one that will really grow on people. I think functionally it will be much better than either illusion tower. Looks wise it will take some time.

Just got back from the dealer. He said that Malibu had given Metcraft $100k to help them pay wages through the winter. Then they went and signed on with Tige. Talk about a stab in the back. Malibu helps them so they wouldn't go under, then they turn their backs on Malibu... The Illusion has been such a big success for them. Sad to see this happen.

So since Malibu bought Titan, they're going to be using those towers from now on. No going back to metcraft.

Here are a few more pictures

post-4023-1246309875_thumb.jpg

This tower is really growing on me... nice thing is you could do illusion factory accessories or tube mount accessories

-Paul

Hmmm....I have an Illusion-X now, but I still prefer (by FAR) the Illusion-XS. This one looks like it's trying to be a cross between the more substantial fully cast units vs the lower cost tubular Titan style. MUCH rather have the far more solid looking XS on my 2010 ifin it were me....

It looks like 2 guys were assigned to design the new tower and they went off in different directions. Then neither would bend to the others idea so they slapped the 2 together and voila , one strange looking tower.

I think it matches up well with the 2009+ windshield, both have the square "window" look. If the upper part of the windshield frame was polished stainless it would really tie the two together.

When did Malibu buy Titan? I must have missed that.......

Thats so 2008 new's. Tease.gif

I heard Malibu was going to buy up the bullet can guy and start making them in house as well. Surprised.gif

FYI for those that don't know. I'm JK. Tongue.gif

It is beginning to grow on me. It might have looked a little better if angle on the tower more closely matched that of the side windows of the windshield. The idea of a Titan tower with a tube mounted mirror is cool, but where would that go? :unsure:

I will admit, i thought the XS looked a bit funky at first, but i think everything meshed very well for 2009. Specifically the rectangular windshield vents and the new gelcoat pattern on the VLX.

But that angledness, or sharp edginess you got with that XS/windshield/gelcoat pattern is a combination I think will take several years for this new direction to rival because right now, I think our 08 VLX blows that out of the water, let alone an 09...

ok I wouldn't go as far to say it blows it out of the water, but I certainly think the 08's/09's look so much more appealing... in two completely different ways. smooth 08 lines and sharp 09 looks

Edited by Blindside_137

When I saw the photo last night I REALLY did not like it. Now I am unsure. I am trying hard to like it. I pray it does not have or need the removable rear hoop like the XS. Does anyone know about that?

Well put, kind of like a really low lit strip club. These pics are better than the outdoor pics posted earlier, but still not great.

Strip clubs are dark for a reason...to hide the ladies imperfections. I think that's what's going on here with this new tower. I'm not a fan of the new look. Vomit.gifVomit.gif

You know what.... it's beginning to grow on me. I may never like it as much as the Illusion XS, but it's better in my eyes than it was 24 hrs ago.

I've seen it live and played with it at the dealer. The functionality is very nice. It is very solid and the racks work very well. I pick up my 2010 tomorrow with the new tower. I will post pics as soon as I get them. It was the photo shoot boat, but I have not seen any pics of it on here yet. I like it. I dont think it is light years ahead of the current towers, but it looks nice and works well.

Mark

I've seen it live and played with it at the dealer. The functionality is very nice. It is very solid and the racks work very well. I pick up my 2010 tomorrow with the new tower. I will post pics as soon as I get them. It was the photo shoot boat, but I have not seen any pics of it on here yet. I like it. I dont think it is light years ahead of the current towers, but it looks nice and works well.

Mark

Thanks for posting pictures when you get them and congratulations on the new Malibu!!

-Paul

Congrats on the new boat!

Any other major changes besides the tower? Any changes to the Malivew?

I DO like the gas-assist lowering of the tower. Very nice. The design...I'll have to see her in person to really be able to judge.

Just got back from the dealer. He said that Malibu had given Metcraft $100k to help them pay wages through the winter. Then they went and signed on with Tige. Talk about a stab in the back. Malibu helps them so they wouldn't go under, then they turn their backs on Malibu... The Illusion has been such a big success for them. Sad to see this happen.

So since Malibu bought Titan, they're going to be using those towers from now on. No going back to metcraft.

Word on WW is Metcraft filed for bankrupcy and doors to close forever tomorrow.

Back to the bar design huh? Those are my kids at the bottom of the page. Thanks Malibu.

They could have at least gotten the picture title correct (LSV)???

Ya, goes to show what people in the office know about boats.

I must be in the minority. I like it. Can't wait to see it in person.

it's got that transformer feel to it, but I do like it, too.

I must be in the minority. I like it. Can't wait to see it in person.

I saw it in person this week on the lake. I am still not a fan of it. The lines and style of the Illusion set Malibu apart from the rest. This looks like another boat company is trying to copy Malibu, albeit a poor copy. I understand the situation with Metcraft, but the Illusion is still my tower of choice for style and function.