Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Orlando Dealer Closed?

pharmerjeff

I went online to find the service hours for my local dealership and see that it has CLOSED! It notes that service for its Colbalt boat line can be obtained at another local dealer (Mastercraft), but there is no mention of Malibu service. I was there not too long ago and nothing of the sort was mentioned. Now I have some warranty work to get done and will have to do some investigating to find another dealer. The Malibu web site still lists it as the only local dealer.

Does anyone know anything about this, or where to go to get your 'bu worked on in the Orlando area?

Thanks!

Yes, CFBC (old Malibu dealer) is closed. I spoke to a service guy at Southast Marine (formerly Southeast CorrectCraft) this morning and he gave me some details. Southeast Marine is now the Mastercraft dealer. Liquid Sports marine (formerly the Masterctraft dealer) apparently has had a deal with Mailbu to sell the Axes line. A person the service guy knows was told to take his Malibu that needed warranty work to Liquid Sports and Malibu would cover the warranty issues I guess since they already had a relationship with Liquid Sports to service the Axes boats.

If you need warranty work, call Liquid Sports. My personal opinion is that if you need other than warranty work, go to Southeast Marine. Keith, the excellent service manager at CFBC has gone to Southeast Marine, as well as one technician...I forget his name, but I think it is the nice fellow that did great work (the laid back guy). Southeast Marine is run by the Meloon family, and they have been there for about 40 years. They know their stuff when it comes to tournament boats.

I'm out of warranty, so Southeast Marine has my business to lose, even if a 'real' Malibu dealer pops up. Especially since Keith is there. This is due to my relationship with Keith from the Malibu dealership.

EDIT: I just spoke to service at Liquid Sports and they confirmed that they are doing warranty work on the Malibus. Call them at 407-281-7909. They are on E. Colonial Drive, not too far from the old Malibu dealer.

Edited by rts

Depending on how far your willing to drive etc and where you are Forte's inboard is the Tampa dealer for Malibu. After traveling the state looking for a boat there is no person more knowledgeable that I have found on boats. He knows engines inside and out will take GREAT care of you. Great prices as well. I drive 40 mins to have my boat serviced by him when I could drive 10 to the MC dealer I bought it from. Dom is a great guy give him a call here is the link to their site. Fortes Inboard

Yes, CFBC (old Malibu dealer) is closed. I spoke to a service guy at Southast Marine (formerly Southeast CorrectCraft) this morning and he gave me some details. Southeast Marine is now the Mastercraft dealer. Liquid Sports marine (formerly the Masterctraft dealer) apparently has had a deal with Mailbu to sell the Axes line. A person the service guy knows was told to take his Malibu that needed warranty work to Liquid Sports and Malibu would cover the warranty issues I guess since they already had a relationship with Liquid Sports to service the Axes boats.

If you need warranty work, call Liquid Sports. My personal opinion is that if you need other than warranty work, go to Southeast Marine. Keith, the excellent service manager at CFBC has gone to Southeast Marine, as well as one technician...I forget his name, but I think it is the nice fellow that did great work (the laid back guy). Southeast Marine is run by the Meloon family, and they have been there for about 40 years. They know their stuff when it comes to tournament boats.

I'm out of warranty, so Southeast Marine has my business to lose, even if a 'real' Malibu dealer pops up. Especially since Keith is there. This is due to my relationship with Keith from the Malibu dealership.

EDIT: I just spoke to service at Liquid Sports and they confirmed that they are doing warranty work on the Malibus. Call them at 407-281-7909. They are on E. Colonial Drive, not too far from the old Malibu dealer.

Another thing that I just remembered is that I was talking to an aquaintence of mine about 2 weeks ago, and he said he "a freind of his was buying the Malibu dealership". My first thoughts was that this guy was FOS, as he most often is, and I blew him off.

Now, I think maybe there could have been something to that.

I am going to go by CFBC as soon as I can to try to see what's up. They had a bunch of boats there, and I doubt they sold them all.

Regardless, if Keith is at Southeast Marine, my boat is going to get serviced there, whether Malibu has a dealer presence in the Orlando market or not.

It must be getting real tough out there if a Malibu dealership cannot make it in a market like Central Florida.

Edited by rts

I will tell you this that the other dealers in that area are getting VERY aggressive on pricing!!! Many dealers can't play that game unless they are EXTREMELY strong on the service side with a huge following. It is sad to see anyone go out of business. The few dealings I had with them were very good. Take a look at Billy in Ocala he is sitting on 6 or 8 nice V Rides that were at wakeboard camps. Its tough right now.

Thanks for the info! Keith was always great to deal with. My boat is still under warranty so I guess I will be trying out liquid marine. One of the big reasons I have a Malibu was because I preffered the crew at CFBC over the then MC dealer liquid sports. When I spoke with Dan at the boat show in the winter he seemed pretty upset that malibu had given the axis line to liquid and never gave him a shot at it. Business is tough all over, I hope liquid does a great job with the Malibu line.

I drove by CFBC about 2 weeks ago and there was 1 cobalt sitting in the parking lot. If I remember right Dan and the guy that owns Liquid Sports were in business together at the CFBC location and they had a falling out. Keith was a awesome guy to talk to and when you needed something he could always find a way to get it done or get it for you. I guess i will have to take it up to Keith if I am in need of something since the Mastercraft dealer is alot closer.