Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

How do I Remove Permanent marker from vinyl

Someone told my next door neighbor recently to use an alcohol wipe, but that doesn't sound like it would do it to me. They also told them as a last resort to try a little fingernail polish remover, but I'm thinking that would damage the vinyl.

Good luck. So far we have had the most trouble from color bleeds from bathing suits. We have no markers on the boat.

Yes the sun should eventually fade it out, I had the exact same issue on brand new seats. I will never tell the redneck story of how it got there, it sucks that my wife even knows about it!!

Magic eraser will do the trick very easily but don't rub it hard, use it very gently or it will take the shine right off your vinyl.

A friend of mine just used a Magic Eraser to remove Sharpie ink. Apparently one of his kids had writing on himself. I guess the heat & sweat made it transfer to the seat pretty easily. He was carefull with the Magic Eraser & it did remove the ink, but it also wore thru the outer finish in the vinyl a little in a couple of places.

A gal who owns a detail shop has been advertising on WW lately. The product is called Exquisite, supposed to be really good & very reasonably priced.

I've also used Babes Seat Soap & a soft brush to get some stains out of our seats. The soft brush is the trick. Really makes it work well. And doesn't damage the vinyl at all.

One thing is to be cautious with any chemicals around the threads. They damage them over time & will prematurely fail before the rest of the seat.

Never tried this on anything but a whiteboard: some dope used a sharpie on my office whiteboard. I wrote over it with one of the erasable markers and it came right off.

Cry.gif Tears?

May I ask how you got perm marker on your vinyl?.. Just don't want to find myself it THAT position ;)

Don't bring marker/sharpies on the boat Tease2.gif

Edited by 68Slalom
Cry.gif Tears?

May I ask how you got perm marker on your vinyl?.. Just don't want to find myself it THAT position ;)

My 16 year old son's girlfriend, drew a big tattoo on his back using a permanent Sharpie. While he was leaning back in the seat, the heat caused much of the color to transfer to the vinyl...now there is a big blue spot there. Needless to say, that won't happen again!

Cry.gif Tears?

My 16 year old son's girlfriend, drew a big tattoo on his back using a permanent Sharpie. While he was leaning back in the seat, the heat caused much of the color to transfer to the vinyl...now there is a big blue spot there. Needless to say, that won't happen again!

Sounds like your son and his girlfirend have a nice little job to do this weekend...while you supervise with beer(s) in hand. Biggrin.gif

Has anyone had their vinyl stained by the boat cover, my cover left a brownish stain on the white part and a blackish stain on the blue part. Also should l even put the cover on if its 110 deg. outside? I live in Arizona and the temp is really getting up there....What would you guys recommend me put or do to get rid of the stains. Biggrin.gif

I have a similar situation going too the 100+ up here in redding does the same to mine. I havent found anything that will clean it. But if you leave it uncover it will lessen im guessing by the sun?