Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Need Echelon manual

Michigan boarder

So I bought this boat a few months ago, and spent most of my repair time rehabilitating the interior and exterior, the teak, fixing the computron, etc. All that is coming together, and the boat runs OK, but I know very little about the engine, winterization procedure, etc. It's a '94 Echelon LX, 5.7 Merc carb engine. Does anyone have any manuals on this boat or engine? I'm certainly not looking for someone to copy a Clymer's manual, but was hoping there was some simple literature like an owner's manual or something else like that, before I go out and buy something. Any help would be appreciated.

I did find the computron manual after some late nite surfing and emailed that to a few people, and wakegirl said she'd put that in the tech section (too large for me to load), for those looking for one. In the meantime I can email it if you PM me.

A good place to find some illustrations, specs, wiring diagrams and other misc. Ive found and used is at perfprotech.com

They have some pretty usefull things on there I have used and it got me by.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Could you send me the echelon manual as well. I'm struggling with the computron. Thanks,
Todd

I have an Echelon 95 and I am wondering if anyone has the computron manual as I do not know how to use it. My email address is [email protected]. I would greatly appreciate your help. Thanks

Email sent w/ PDF.
Edited by amarfanhar
Could you send me the echelon manual as well. I'm strugling with the computron. Thanks,

Todd [email protected]

I have an Echelon 95 and I am wondering if anyone has the computron manual as I do not know how to use it. My email address is [email protected]. I would greatly appreciate your help. Thanks

Email sent w/ PDF.

P/M sent

The engine is a small block Chevy, so you can get lots of information from a variety of sources to help you with that. The boat manual or booklet is not very useful for actually working on the boat. You really want an engine manual as mentioned in a couple of the threads. There are also thread topics on winterization that will help you through that process.

Some additional info, the Computron is very fickle, many fail and to top it off, Computron is no longer in business. I don't have the display on my boat, and if someone has a display they want to part with I am interested. My buddy's Computron is still mostly functional and does have some pretty nice features depending on what you are interested in. There are some threads here that also detail how some people have fixed their Computrons (disassembly and cleaning procedures for corroded terminals, etc.).

If that is a pic of the top of your boat, it looks very nice.

Seems to be quite a few of us Echelon owners here...should almost have our own area!

I have a '94. Computron works off and on...it's nice when it does...air and water temp, speed, time of day, all nice to be able to have...

Will start another thread on new topic...oil drain hose kit. Have a bunch of part numbers and such...want to make sure getting the right one.

So I bought this boat a few months ago, and spent most of my repair time rehabilitating the interior and exterior, the teak, fixing the computron, etc. All that is coming together, and the boat runs OK, but I know very little about the engine, winterization procedure, etc. It's a '94 Echelon LX, 5.7 Merc carb engine. Does anyone have any manuals on this boat or engine? I'm certainly not looking for someone to copy a Clymer's manual, but was hoping there was some simple literature like an owner's manual or something else like that, before I go out and buy something. Any help would be appreciated.

I did find the computron manual after some late nite surfing and emailed that to a few people, and wakegirl said she'd put that in the tech section (too large for me to load), for those looking for one. In the meantime I can email it if you PM me.

MB,

Here's a good article on winterization that has a link inside of this link.

Winterization

MB,

Here's a good article on winterization that has a link inside of this link.

Winterization

Thanks MN and others, I've had some good pointers and PM's sent to me, and I'm all set. I appreciate it.