Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

size of my 2005 i ride wake

Gundocrew

Just bought my first tournament boat, 1999 malibu response lx. I love it. The wake is great. My brother in law just bought a 2005 iride and would like to try to make the wake smaller, he wants to do this to please his wife, who thinks the wake is to big. Is there anyway to improve the wake?????Any help greatly appreciated

Welcome to the crew, I add 250lbs. to the bow in my boat which seems to help. In addition, I don't run with a full tank of gas, the bimini top, boards and racks are off, it's a pain and you need a place to store things if your fully loaded before you ski but it makes a big difference.

Just bought my first tournament boat, 1999 malibu response lx. I love it. The wake is great. My brother in law just bought a 2005 iride and would like to try to make the wake smaller, he wants to do this to please his wife, who thinks the wake is to big. Is there anyway to improve the wake?????Any help greatly appreciated

I wonder if the mods will create a "unballast" section to move this to??!!

Welcome to the crew, I add 250lbs. to the bow in my boat which seems to help. In addition, I don't run with a full tank of gas, the bimini top, boards and racks are off, it's a pain and you need a place to store things if your fully loaded before you ski but it makes a big difference.

Do you fill the ballasts up and add 250 lbs of water?

I hope I'm not overstating the obvious... Go faster. The wake cleans up pretty well around 30 MPH and is really nice by 32.

I used to think the wake on my iRide was big. Couple of weeks ago I skied behind my neighbors Mastercraft 209 (I think). Nice looking boat but the wake at 32MPH nearly killed me. I was never so happy to get back to my iRide.

Hey, I'm the brother in law with the 05 i ride. I heard that filling the front ballast would reduce the wake,,, any truth to that? I was under the impression that the ballasts make the wake bigger...Also the go faster idea may do the trick also...

well yes it adds weight to the boat but it changes the way it rides through the water with the bow having more weight, the stern lifts a little and the wake mellows out a bit. Try adding some weight to the bow and see what happens..

and no, don't add 250 on top of filling all the tanks, that would be a huge wake

Hey, I'm the brother in law with the 05 i ride. I heard that filling the front ballast would reduce the wake,,, any truth to that? I was under the impression that the ballasts make the wake bigger...Also the go faster idea may do the trick also...

Try and only add weight in the front, I don't actually use water ballast. I use pop bags 250lbs. You can fill the bow ballast, what speed are you skiing at?