Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

I'm so excited.....

luvtheBU

The river is like glass right now and at 6:00 it won't be, my hubby has a stupid baseball game tonight so here's the plan...Bu wants to get wet but she's dirty...so we are going to go take a bath, get used to the controls again, figure out why my steering wheel is so loose, there's got to be a pin somewhere thats loose or missing. Any ideas??? Then my kids going to learn how to back the boat up, then at 8:00 or 8:30 when the rivers glass again, we'll take her down to the bay, I can't wait one more day it's killing me and it's all I'm thinking about. Has to be tonight.

The river is like glass right now and at 6:00 it won't be, my hubby has a stupid baseball game tonight so here's the plan...Bu wants to get wet but she's dirty...so we are going to go take a bath, get used to the controls again, figure out why my steering wheel is so loose, there's got to be a pin somewhere thats loose or missing. Any ideas??? Then my kids going to learn how to back the boat up, then at 8:00 or 8:30 when the rivers glass again, we'll take her down to the bay, I can't wait one more day it's killing me and it's all I'm thinking about. Has to be tonight.

Umm, have you driven the boat yet before purchasing and/or had it gone thru mechanically? I'd definitely make sure all is good steering-wise and everything else before putting in a river, especially with small (and big) kids.

Actually it's not 1:30 yet Tease2.gif but I know what you mean, the temps. are getting up into the mid 90's and I'm stuck in office work clothes.

Note to self: Need some shorts, tank top and a cold beer on the water in the boat even if I'm just floatin' :)

I had it checked out and the summerization done on it at the dealership, that stored it for the guy I bought it from. They did all the yearly maintenance on the boat since it's birth, but the guy that delivered it told me it was the tilt steering mechanism, I'm pretty sure he didn't know. I called my friend who owns a marine service shop and he said it was probably a pin loose, I'm definetly not going to put it in the river till I do what he tells me to do and it fixes the problem or I take it over to him to fix. I was just wondering if anyone else ever had that problem.

I had it checked out and the summerization done on it at the dealership, that stored it for the guy I bought it from. They did all the yearly maintenance on the boat since it's birth, but the guy that delivered it told me it was the tilt steering mechanism, I'm pretty sure he didn't know. I called my friend who owns a marine service shop and he said it was probably a pin loose, I'm definetly not going to put it in the river till I do what he tells me to do and it fixes the problem or I take it over to him to fix. I was just wondering if anyone else ever had that problem.

pshh, I have to wait until FRIDAY before I even get to see the boat, let alone wax it, clean it and launch it...

Oh, sorry, loose THAT way. Thought you meant the other way (as in controlling the rudder). You scared me for a second.

Good plan. Personally I've never worked on that part (yet).

Hey I see that you have the same boat I just bought a 1994 Malibu Echelon LX, has it been a terrific boat for you? Has there been any issues or quirks you could clue me in about?

Hey I see that you have the same boat I just bought a 1994 Malibu Echelon LX, has it been a terrific boat for you? Has there been any issues or quirks you could clue me in about?

Do you have the computron?

pshh, I have to wait until FRIDAY before I even get to see the boat, let alone wax it, clean it and launch it...

Well I am suppose to wait but I just can't, she's sitting there...IN MY DRIVEWAY!!!! BEGGING ME!!!!! BTW...My husband thinks I'm crazy....MUuuhaaahaaaa, he unleashed the boat demons.

Yes I do have the computron, with no owners manual. So if you could pass some knowledge my way that would be awesome, I am used to a regular old depth finder. This thing is so fancy and I was way to elated to pay too much attention when the guy flicked thru the switches 90 mph.

martinarcher

Man I wish my wife was a tenth of how excited you are to get the boat out! Thumbup.gif That is awesome! Clap.gif I have to talk her into getting the boat out and then do some explaining when things like board racks and wakeboards show up on the porch. Whistling.gif This week I have been working in the bilge running hoses for an auto ballast system. Thumbup.gif

My husband asked me how much it costs to maintain the boat and I was vague Innocent.gif and I told him that I would learn..baaahhahhaaaa...oops the guy at the dealership screwed that up though cuz my frugal husband asked him and the guy said you needed this special machine, too late to go back on it I was in the ether and I wasn't coming home without her. He'll get the fever how can you not get the fever, there is nothing better than being on the water with the most perfectly engineered form of water transportation ever made. I'll just do a couple 180's with him and he'll be in love.

martinarcher
My husband asked me how much it costs to maintain the boat and I was vague Innocent.gif and I told him that I would learn..baaahhahhaaaa...oops the guy at the dealership screwed that up though cuz my frugal husband asked him and the guy said you needed this special machine, too late to go back on it I was in the ether and I wasn't coming home without her. He'll get the fever how can you not get the fever, there is nothing better than being on the water with the most perfectly engineered form of water transportation ever made. I'll just do a couple 180's with him and he'll be in love.

That's the spirit! My wife still giggles like a school girl when I throw the Skier into a power turn. Thumbup.gif

Yes I do have the computron, with no owners manual. So if you could pass some knowledge my way that would be awesome, I am used to a regular old depth finder. This thing is so fancy and I was way to elated to pay too much attention when the guy flicked thru the switches 90 mph.

I have that manual, PM me with your email and I can send the PDF file.

I was kind of tongue and cheek on the computron, they can be erratic and are known to fail, and cannot be replaced. I had to dissasemble, clean, and reassemble mine completely to get it functioning again, and still have no depth guage. Otherwise, it's a great boat, I love it. No quirks to speak of, other than mine was not well maintained and needed extensive work. But it's getting there. This site is loaded with info on everything, and lot's of people to help you. You may want to search the forums for the tilt issue, and do the same with any other problems you have in the future. If not in the forums, create a topic and someone will get you the answer.

Ohhh Gosh I am getting giddy just thinking about it. That engine is sooooo frickin big. I mean it is the biggest thing I have ever seen I can somewhat imagine the power in a car much less a BOAT. Oh there is a reason God gave me boys 3 of my own plus 2 stepsons, Mama knows how to have fun in the water. We have patiently waited for my new hubby to become convinced that we "NEED" a boat it is the "BEST" form of "FAMILY" entertainment out there. Dude it works I have had teens at my house checking out "MY" boat since she was back into our driveway Monday night at 11:30 pm. You can't beat a day on the water with the boys and then follow it up with ice cold beer, for the adults, a backyard fire pit and a perfectly grilled steak. The conversation around the campfire is so hilarious the tales get taller as the evening gets older.

Ohhh Gosh I am getting giddy just thinking about it. That engine is sooooo frickin big. I mean it is the biggest thing I have ever seen I can somewhat imagine the power in a car much less a BOAT. Oh there is a reason God gave me boys 3 of my own plus 2 stepsons, Mama knows how to have fun in the water. We have patiently waited for my new hubby to become convinced that we "NEED" a boat it is the "BEST" form of "FAMILY" entertainment out there. Dude it works I have had teens at my house checking out "MY" boat since she was back into our driveway Monday night at 11:30 pm. You can't beat a day on the water with the boys and then follow it up with ice cold beer, for the adults, a backyard fire pit and a perfectly grilled steak. The conversation around the campfire is so hilarious the tales get taller as the evening gets older.

You do sound fun. I'm forwarding this link to my wife in hopes that she appreciates the boat half as much as you!

If you like hanging out with your kids and their friends, which I'd rather they were with me than somewhere else it is an obvious need and not a want. Name something else you can actually do with the teenagers.

There is nothing better than boating/camping with your kids.

We have 4 families that have boat camped together for a 9 day boat campout every year since 1984.

These are the best memories that we have together even though our son is now 41 and none of our kids would dream of missing this annual campout.

Average 20 to 45 participants every year for 25 years. Three generations.

There is nothing better than boating/camping with your kids.

We have 4 families that have boat camped together for a 9 day boat campout every year since 1984.

These are the best memories that we have together even though our son is now 41 and none of our kids would dream of missing this annual campout.

Average 20 to 45 participants every year for 25 years. Three generations.

That would be so awesome I wish we had something like that here in MT. It is so true about the memories, my 14 yr old who was 5 1/2 when he learned to waterski still remembers the day we hit a log because we were too close to shore...the little bugger just kept going we didn't want to turn yet with him and have him fall in the middle of the river so we went in uncharted territory..oops and oh well. He is so jacked about the new boat he has only called me like 6 times today begging me to take it out...AS IF he needs to beg. I just got off the phone with him, he's gonna help me wash her and then we have to get a little life jacket for his little brother, 8:00 is the time, I'm hoping the ramp will be almost cleared off except for the diehards and I could probably use their assistance.

So did you get her out on the water? How's that 454 run? Thumbup.gif

No unfortunately I did not, baseball lasted till 9:30 and so I just concentrated on cleaning her up and getting her ready for tonight, we are going right after work. Things always take longer than I expect, the thing on the hitch where the ball goes is so dang rusty it took about 30 mins to get it to go on the truck, the little lever kept sticking, I'm going to WD40 it all day hopefully it goes on easier tonight.

martinarcher
So did you get her out on the water? How's that 454 run? Thumbup.gif

No unfortunately I did not, baseball lasted till 9:30 and so I just concentrated on cleaning her up and getting her ready for tonight, we are going right after work. Things always take longer than I expect, the thing on the hitch where the ball goes is so dang rusty it took about 30 mins to get it to go on the truck, the little lever kept sticking, I'm going to WD40 it all day hopefully it goes on easier tonight.

Good deal. Have fun tonight! The WD40 will certainly help out on the trailer tongue lock. It might be wise to hit the tongue with a coat of paint after cleaning it up with a wire brush if it looks rusty. If you do paint it do it before the WD40 treatment otherwise you'll need to remove the oil to get the paint to stick.

• 2 weeks later...

I just read this and Im not sure if you have the LX but i have the closed bow. I am having this same issues. If you have a closed bow there is a inline fuse right off your batery box. check to see if thats blown. if it is try a new fuse. use a 10 amp. if its the lx its under your dash. its going to be next to your computer box. follow the wires and u should find a inline fuse. It wont be a square box . if it dont work your going to need a new r.t box and or transducer. I also read if your blower isnt working with your key to the on position it can mess with it. dont know why lol. so check it on the ac side too.

im in the process of fixing mine. ill keep u posted.