Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

247 Enzo Sac

Stanley Wheelhouse

I must say i am very disappointed at the moment. i have bought a new malibu boat each year since 2005. my current boat is an 09 247. i love the boat. however i like most of you am on the quest to improve the simplicity of wakesurfing. yes i too want to flip a button and have sacs that are perfectly fitted under my seats and rear locker to fill up and over flow out the side of the boat when full. and of course i want my seats to stay down and my cup holders to stay in.

i already have the pump system in place to do this the sac is the problem

in my quest i called malibu's customer service department and began to inquire about what the dimensions for such a custom fat sac design should be. to my complete disbelief i was told that malibu does not support putting fat sacs in their line of boats and therefore would offer me no assistance. (i wonder what the folks at centurion would say?)

loyalty in tact i simply hung up the phone and redialed the malibu number and asked for the research and development department. to my dismay the r and d department claims to have no records as to the dimensions my sac would need to be to meet my desires.

therefore my goal is to have a fatsac that fills the entire left rear compartment from top to bottom and side to side, and continues forward to fill the entire seat compartment in front of the locker.

does anyone have any idea as to the dimensions this sac should be to maximize weighting?

ps i am not real concerned with the 75 pound placarded weight limit in the rear lockers.

my wake already rivals any centurion (yes eat your heart out river runner). i ride loaded down wedge up and and at 13mph. just trying to simplify life like our fellow riders at centurion and wake outlaws.

Any suggestions?

I must say i am very disappointed at the moment. i have bought a new malibu boat each year since 2005. my current boat is an 09 247. i love the boat. however i like most of you am on the quest to improve the simplicity of wakesurfing. yes i too want to flip a button and have sacs that are perfectly fitted under my seats and rear locker to fill up and over flow out the side of the boat when full. and of course i want my seats to stay down and my cup holders to stay in.

in my quest i called malibu's customer service department and began to inquire about what the dimensions for such a custom fat sac design should be. to my complete disbelief i was told that malibu does not support putting fat sacs in their line of boats and therefore would offer me no assistance. (i wonder what the folks at centurion would say?)

loyalty in tact i simply hung up the phone and redialed the malibu number and asked for the research and development department. to my dismay the r and d department claims to have no records as to the dimensions my sac would need to be to meet my desires.

therefore my goal is to have a fatsac that fills the entire left rear compartment from top to bottom and side to side, and continues forward to fill the entire seat compartment in front of the locker.

does anyone have any idea as to the dimensions this sac should be to maximize weighting?

ps i am not real concerned with the 75 pound placarded weight limit in the rear lockers.

my wake already rivals any centurion (yes eat your heart out river runner). i ride loaded down wedge up and and at 13mph. just trying to simplify life like our fellow riders at centurion and wake outlaws.

Any suggestions?

What do you expect them to say, it's called CYA.

Call Paul at Bakesmarine, he's had custom sacs made from Fly high before like the Enzo sac. Or you could just call fligh high and ask them, I'm sure they've done them.

Edited by 06vlx

I have a new 09 247, and am working on the surf thang. I measured the detailed dimensions of the rear compartments, made templates, and reinforced the floor and the engine/inside walls with High Density Polyethelene plastic (although I did it more for peace of mind than because I thought it was necessary), at a cost of about $200. I then figured out the bag size that would fill the rear compartment. A 26 x 26 x 50 bag is a little oversize, so if its full, it should fill the whole compartment. If you want exact dimensions of the compartment, pm me and I will get them for you this weekend (it is an irregular size box). The 26 x 26 x 50 bag will hold about 1200 lbs when full, not counting any bulging. I ordered two of them, and had them put a quick fitting on top, so that I can use a Tsunami pump for quicker filling if I want to after I plumb them in. I did not have them put on an enzo type arm to go up under the seats, because the space is relatively small for what I guessed would be quite an upcharge, but you should be able to measure that fairly easily. I should get mine installed next week. Let me know what you end up doing, and what you think works best to to maximize the wake. I love the wake on this boat already with only a 750 in the rear. Can't wait.

My dealer told me if i plumbed in any extra weight that my warranty would not be valid. So I guess the trick is too make sure you can put it back to stock if you have any warranty problems. I have got to put the drill away now and figure another way to plumb them. Still blows my mind that you spend ton of money for the boat and still have to mickey mouse all these bags in.

My dealer told me if i plumbed in any extra weight that my warranty would not be valid. So I guess the trick is too make sure you can put it back to stock if you have any warranty problems. I have got to put the drill away now and figure another way to plumb them. Still blows my mind that you spend ton of money for the boat and still have to mickey mouse all these bags in.

too late for that my dealer knows me all too well!

Any suggestions?

so lets see some Kewlpics.gif to back it up!! or better yet some video.

It sounds like you're ripping Malibu, and I don't understand why. You previously stated that you weren't concerned witht he 75lb placcard in the rear locker and you're trying to put at least 1200lbs in there. That's 16 times the limit, yeah, 75lbs is low but they're covering their asses like 06vlx stated. Would you put 8000lbs in the bed of a pickup truck? And you wonder why these boats are expensive, how about the fact that some dishonest owners do crap like this and then cry for a warranty when something breaks. Malibu is pretty good at working with people on warranty issues but that cost has got to hit somewhere. So people like you are helping drive up the cost of these boats!!

It sounds like you're ripping Malibu, and I don't understand why. You previously stated that you weren't concerned witht he 75lb placcard in the rear locker and you're trying to put at least 1200lbs in there. That's 16 times the limit, yeah, 75lbs is low but they're covering their asses like 06vlx stated. Would you put 8000lbs in the bed of a pickup truck? And you wonder why these boats are expensive, how about the fact that some dishonest owners do crap like this and then cry for a warranty when something breaks. Malibu is pretty good at working with people on warranty issues but that cost has got to hit somewhere. So people like you are helping drive up the cost of these boats!!

i am ripping malibu and do not appreciate having my integrity questioned. if you were to call my local dealer and ask them their opinion of me they would tell you they are one of my biggest fans because i have helped them sell many boats over our five boat and fiver year relationship. in addition if you read and understand my post i dont give a s*** if it voids my warranty. i know what i want out of MY 247 and i know how to get it. just trying to simplify things and no i dont wonder why these boats are expensive. furthermore it is ridiculous that centurion does this with the enzo sac without voiding any warranty. if malibu is so great and wonderful why can they not keep up with an inferior boat. it does suck to have to mickey mouse additional plumbing. i hope you enjoy riding your tiny a** wave

Centurion doesnt selll boats with the Enzo sac in it. Call and ask them. You will get the same response as you did from Malibu.

Settle down

Centurion doesnt selll boats with the Enzo sac in it. Call and ask them. You will get the same response as you did from Malibu.

Settle down

zz, have you tried the enzo sack or did you order a custom one?

i am ripping malibu and do not appreciate having my integrity questioned. if you were to call my local dealer and ask them their opinion of me they would tell you they are one of my biggest fans because i have helped them sell many boats over our five boat and fiver year relationship. in addition if you read and understand my post i dont give a s*** if it voids my warranty. i know what i want out of MY 247 and i know how to get it. just trying to simplify things and no i dont wonder why these boats are expensive. furthermore it is ridiculous that centurion does this with the enzo sac without voiding any warranty. if malibu is so great and wonderful why can they not keep up with an inferior boat. it does suck to have to mickey mouse additional plumbing. i hope you enjoy riding your tiny a** wave

Not all my comments were directed at you, I apologize. That's cool that you have fans, what movie did star in or what team do you play for?

Not all my comments were directed at you, I apologize. That's cool that you have fans, what movie did star in or what team do you play for?

ROFL.gif

ROFL.gif

Thanks, I'll be here all week, don't forget to tip your waitresses!!

ROFL.gif

Cheers.gif

ROFL.gif

Cheers.gif

I did not star in any movie however i do play for the winning team! Cheers. No Centurion comes with the Enzo sac however the evidence of presence of an enzo sac does not void your warranty. This forum used to be a cool place to exchange ideas about our Bu's. It's a shame.

Malibu did not say that the presence of an enzo sac would void your warranty. A particular dealer "supposedly" warned a particular owner that plumbing in additional sacs would void his warranty. Again, call Centurion and ask them about plumbing in a 1200lb sac and see what they say. They don't even do it themselves on their boats they use for the Worlds.

I have spent some time researching this and measuring the exact area in the lockers on the 247. I also have seen the Enzo sac in action and I am not sure it is the right design for a Malibu. Personally, I am still using the standard 750's for now.

You won't find a better place to exchange ideas about Malibu boats. I am not even going to bite on that any further.

{hijack}

Anyone know where I can find a person to service my Malibu engine who will not void the warranty? 75lb limit for the back compartment would mean no more than .06 lbs per square inch - - so I either need a service person with average size feet who weighs about 2.7 lbs total, or a service person who weighs less than 75 lbs and who has really, really big feet to spread the weight around. Maybe a trapeeze service tech who can service the engine while hanging upside down from the ceiling and perform engine maintenance. My service tech is a great guy, but he probably weighs 200+, and he has small feet (poor guy). Who are you all using to service your boats that wouldn't void the warranty? Anyone? Anyone? :)

{hijack}

Anyone know where I can find a person to service my Malibu engine who will not void the warranty? 75lb limit for the back compartment would mean no more than .06 lbs per square inch - - so I either need a service person with average size feet who weighs about 2.7 lbs total, or a service person who weighs less than 75 lbs and who has really, really big feet to spread the weight around. Maybe a trapeeze service tech who can service the engine while hanging upside down from the ceiling and perform engine maintenance. My service tech is a great guy, but he probably weighs 200+, and he has small feet (poor guy). Who are you all using to service your boats that wouldn't void the warranty? Anyone? Anyone? :)

NOW THERE IS A THINKING MAN!

Edited by Rhino

If the 24/7 is such a inferior product why did you buy it?? As for riding a tiny a** wave a 24/7 will rival a 240 :) A enzo is a purpose built boat that is for surfing pretty much nothing else.

Also i dont think you are helping your dealer sel anything by bashing on the malibu inferior design? :Doh:

Please post wake pics when you do get your wake right that way we can see how to do it Thumbup.gif

If the 24/7 is such a inferior product why did you buy it?? As for riding a tiny a** wave a 24/7 will rival a 240 :) A enzo is a purpose built boat that is for surfing pretty much nothing else.

Also i dont think you are helping your dealer sel anything by bashing on the malibu inferior design? :Doh:

Please post wake pics when you do get your wake right that way we can see how to do it Thumbup.gif

Plus1.gif

First of all your talking in circles and making me dizzy.

This is a cool forum to discuss proper care, maintenance, use, and even modifications for our boats. This forum should not be the place to rip Malibu's policies, warranties, etc. Question them or get opinions and clarity of warranty issues, that's fine. It's not the place to try and figure out how to undo your illegal modifications and claim a warranty request.

If I'm wrong about this, then I agree, this used to be a cool forum and I'll have to find something else to do all day, like work Crazy.gif

if you read the original post i called the centurion an inferior boat, which by the way is the reason i have owned four malibu boats all brand new since 2005. my current boat is an 08 247. all a guy is saying here is it should not be to difficult for a four time malibu boat owner to call malibu and find out the dimensions of some compartments on HIS boat not malibus so that he can have barefoot international build a custom sac for him much like the enzo sac for the enzo boat. should it be so difficult for malibu to produce the measurements of these compartments as they have to know them to build the boat to begin with. you can do the math on that one. all a guy is trying to do is simplify his wake surfing experience. is this too much to ask our dear friends at malibu

if you read the original post i clearly stated my wave rivals that of the centurions if not better especially with no wedge

as for getting my wave right i put 692 hours on my 2007 247 inside of 12 months. 600 of those hours were spent wake surfing. if you add in my other boats we would be over 1100 hours of wake surfing. i know we have the wave down just fine. i have videos of my riding as far as twenty feet back at 13.6 mph. cant find how to post them on this site however suggestions?

Surf Wave Recipe

Water Depth - is the most important factor. 30 feet is a good start. the deeper the better and the shallower the less powerful the wave becomes.

Smooth Water - is always a pleasant factor

Speed - faster creates a longer wave and slower creates a shorter steeper wave. minimum speed is 10.4 mph max speed well i have been up to 15.8 and was able to keep up but felt like i was running a marathon and typically ride between 12.6 and 13.0. (Faster = Advanced Slower = Beginner)

Board - some boards are slower than others. therefore some boards can handle a faster wave than others nuff said.

Cruise Control - helpful but i dont always use it

Wedge - half wedge will result in slower speeds and a steeper waive beginner full wedge allows for a longer wave intermediate and no wedge seems to create the cleanest wave advanced

Factory Ballast - all full except rear right

Fat Sacs - 750 in rear locker (will result in about 550 lbs.) 550 under seat in front of rear locker (will result in about 400 lbs.) (350 under seat nearest your batteries and largest seat cushion will result in about 300 lbs.) 750 on top of seat in front of rear locker, 750 on floor length wise and next to seat in front of rear locker, 400 in walk through

You may take some water own from time to time. If the rider falls stop the boat, allow all waves to pass and then gently retrieve your rider

Use a surf rope or you will jack yourself up

Wear a vest it makes it easier to get up

In my opinion shred stixx makes a good board

Edited by Rhino

According to your post - you are adding about 4k lbs of total ballast (including factory), how many people do you ride with with this much weight - and do post some pictures or video - I would love to see this wake.

According to your post - you are adding about 4k lbs of total ballast (including factory), how many people do you ride with with this much weight - and do post some pictures or video - I would love to see this wake.

typically four six max. i am a few friends makes a good time. a huge party creates stress for the capn'

i have tried to post pics put all i see is a place to put a link and not a picture suggestions?