Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

DECAL/CUSTOM WRAPS INFO & PICS

MR. BU

WHAT DO YOU PERFER?  

24 members have voted

1. 1. WHAT DO YOU PERFER?

• STOCK DECAL
    • CUSTOM WRAP

We just re glassed my whole boat and got rid of all those annoying stress cracks that no one can see unless you look really close but I know they are there so they bother the hell out of me. I have a 2003 LSV 23 I am thinking about putting the newer style decals on but don't want to fake a like I got a new style boat and also Malibu makes the decals to go with the lines of the hull and paint so don't know if it will look right to change the stock decal. I would keep the 03 decals on but they just look plain and out dated to me. If anyone gots any pics of decals custom or stock please post pics also would love to hear what you guys think i should do? I'm also looking into the whole wrap thing I think they look great but haven't seen any on any Malibu's so if anyone has any pics please post those to.

Edited by MR. BU

If you went through all the work of reglassing it and it's completely bare, I would go with what ever you like the best. I really like the graphics on my 06' the stock wakesetter decal but the 07' also looks pretty good depending on the color you have, I wouldn't worry about trying not to make it look newer. It's really all about you liking what you see :)

Link below of ours on a winter day running the engine a little.

http://www.themalibucrew.com/forums/upload..._329_118159.jpg

Edited by 68Slalom

If you do a search on themalibucrew site using the word "wrap", you will get several topics where wraps are discussed, and several cool wraps pictures (Malibu's and otherwise). You don't see many partial wraps, but we did a partial wrap with a surfer theme. I posted pics when we got the boat here:

http://www.themalibucrew.com/forums/index....&pid=302557

You could probably get a partial wrap in this economy for well under 2K. Still expensive . . . but unique.

How about a custom vinyl graphic of your own choosing ?

example:

http://www.autobarn.net/stinauttrim.html

Look at the enlargement. You might want to reverse the way they show it installed and have the slender edge towards the nose.

I put these on my Pewter Duramax xtra cab in 2004 along with some expensive Weld Wheels.

I installed the stripe with the nose raked down in front and higher in the rear.

Looks hokey in pictures. Looks great in real life as the decal fades from faint to bolder.

Nobody doesn't like my truck.

One advantage there are a thousand pewter GMC's in my town but only 2 with a raked swoosh on the side. One of my buddies copied me but in another color on his Chevy supercab.

If you have further interest I can email photos of my GMC to you.

Another resource: http://www.customvinylgraphics.com/car-graphics.aspx

http://www.customvinylgraphics.com/detail.aspx?ID=6585

Edited by DONTW8

The problem with a wrap, especially a full wrap, is its normally warrantied for only 5 years. Paying $2k to $6k, depending on how much is done, isn't worth a temporary 5 year graphic in my opinion. Although I guess it could last more than 5 years but thats a chance you take. I'd rather pay a little more and just the real deal, something that will last 10-20 years.

We just re glassed my whole boat and got rid of all those annoying stress cracks that no one can see unless you look really close but I know they are there so they bother the hell out of me. I have a 2003 LSV 23 I am thinking about putting the newer style decals on but don't want to fake a like I got a new style boat and also Malibu makes the decals to go with the lines of the hull and paint so don't know if it will look right to change the stock decal. I would keep the 03 decals on but they just look plain and out dated to me. If anyone gots any pics of decals custom or stock please post pics also would love to hear what you guys think i should do? I'm also looking into the whole wrap thing I think they look great but haven't seen any on any Malibu's so if anyone has any pics please post those to.

How much does it cost to have a whole boat gelcoated?

How much does it cost to have a whole boat gelcoated?

Alot!