Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Stern Light Pole Base Question

Hi All

I am in need of a stern light pole for my 2000 LSV. It has the "Stern Light Pole Base Attwood Late 90's" that is shown on Bakes. I would have thought that it needed a attwood light pole but they all seem to be two post poles and according to bakes web site this one has "two metal contacts". When I look in mine I see what look to be two metal contacts, and not two posts. Is mine broken? Is there some strange pole needed that I can't seem to find anywhere? If I buy a new base will it be two posts or is it going to be the same as I have?

Thanks for the help.

Just trying to help here. Maybe have a look at this and see if you can answer your own question. I think you have just the standard "2 contact" light like we all do but, I'm confused about your exact question. Maybe some pics. of what you have?

Just trying to help here. Maybe have a look at this and see if you can answer your own question. I think you have just the standard "2 contact" light like we all do but, I'm confused about your exact question. Maybe some pics. of what you have?

Sorry for the confusion. Here is a picture. post-6450-1245796702_thumb.jpg

I am confused as I see two contacts but when I look at the attwood pole that I purchased and tried to use here - http://www.westmarine.com/webapp/wcs/store...mp;classNum=236 - It would not lock in place and did not work, when I looked at the bases in the store they had posts as contacts not just contacts. Based on the picture is it broken, or did I buy the wrong pole?

Is this what everyone has, and if so what pole do I buy or do I have the correct one and am too lame to get it to work. I remember my old boat had posts and just plugged in.

Thanks

Edited by lf133