Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Ski pole stuck in the down position

On my 2004 Malibu lsv, the extendable ski pole seems to be stuck in the down position. We use it so rarely it's not a terrible inconvenience, but I'm hoping there's a tip or a trick to unfreeze the tube. In the past, i've rotated the tube and it has popped up. Now its stuck. What's up.

Thanks,

Jerry

I used to have the same boat and the same problem. The pylon would move in the morning, but after being heated by the sun and engine there was no way to move it. There is a thread here that talks about removing the pylon and sanding it a bit to get a little extra clearance.

On my 2004 Malibu lsv, the extendable ski pole seems to be stuck in the down position. We use it so rarely it's not a terrible inconvenience, but I'm hoping there's a tip or a trick to unfreeze the tube. In the past, i've rotated the tube and it has popped up. Now its stuck. What's up.

Thanks,

Jerry

Seem to have the same issue with the '05 Wakesetter. It gets really bad once things heat up, either from the engine or sun and then it will not budge. I removed the whole pole from the tube when it was cooled down. The pole had a little bit of a dirt/crust on it so I took some fine steel wool and polished nice and smooth. Also cleaned up and lightly polished the holder for the pole. I'll put some light oil on it and see what happens when it heats up again, but it seems much smoother now...

Thanks,

Jerry

Seem to have the same issue with the '05 Wakesetter. It gets really bad once things heat up, either from the engine or sun and then it will not budge. I removed the whole pole from the tube when it was cooled down. The pole had a little bit of a dirt/crust on it so I took some fine steel wool and polished nice and smooth. Also cleaned up and lightly polished the holder for the pole. I'll put some light oil on it and see what happens when it heats up again, but it seems much smoother now...

If you have the white plastic insert that the ski pole slides in and out of, don't forget to clean it real good and put some bunk spray(silica) or 303 on it. That is all I did, no need to sand down the pole just clean it. The plastic insert gets beer,lake water, grundge and suntan lotion on it and when hot gets very sticky. Edited by Surfin247