Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Helmets...

denjoe

All,

I went riding with Pistol Pete, and asked to try out his helmet. It definitely gave me more comfort or maybe a false sense of security. How many of you wear a helmet when riding?

Also, the reason I ask is because one of the guys that went riding with us that day also got a mild concussion. Crazy.gif

My son wears one when wake boarding but, not when surfing. He has actually managed to get a couple of marks on the helmet from the wake board or carbon fiber handle not sure which.

My daughter has been using the Pro-Tec Ace Water helmet for the last few years until all of the foam fell out this year. She just bought the Ace Wake helmet with the ear flaps.

I got one after talking with Pete.

I wear it when I'm trying to do a new trick I know I'll be slamming my body for a while until I nail it. I like it.

I find it is much less painful to displace the water with plastic than with flesh. I took a bad fall this weekend and it felt like someone hit me in the shoulder with a 2 x 4. I was wearing my helmet and managed to get very little head pain.

I would definitely recommend a helmet for any work on your tricks.

My daughter has been using the Pro-Tec Ace Water helmet for the last few years until all of the foam fell out this year.  She just bought the Ace Wake helmet with the ear flaps.

The Pro-Tech with the ear protection flats is the same one my son has, with the tricks getting bigger and higher I felt he needed some protection not only for his head but, for his ears.

No one gets up behind my boat without a helmet unless they are seasoned riders. I have every size so there is no excuses usually anyways. People have a lot more staying power when they're learning something new if they don't have that impact headache thing going on. Cuts down on the ruptured eardrums as well.

My boys and I all wear them. I've been a big proponent of them all season. I took up wakeskating after knee surgery and almost took the board to my forehead which got me thinking... Crazy.gif Hmmm....

My boys were resistant to wearing it at first but as soon as they took a good slapper they were convinced and now won't ride without. Thumbup.gif Smart boys. :)

I have taken some falls lately that I would have needed help out of the water had I not had my helmet on. I don't think that the sense of security is false at all, & it gives me more confidence to try to go a little bigger & do something new. I'm a complete convert.