Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Bridge City Watersports in Portland?

Bill_AirJunky

After reading this post earlier this morning I informed a buddy of mine who bought a new 247 about a month ago from BCWS about their financial meltdown. He immediatly called his bank who holds the title to his boat that he traded in and low and behold it has not been paid off! I feel terrible for the guy now. I'm guessing there's going to be a lot more people in a sticky situation like this who may have recently traded in their boats there. I somehow hope the people that are affected by this can take some legal action against them.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• WakeGirl

• Maddox

• Bobby Light

• The Voodoo Cowboy

After reading this post earlier this morning I informed a buddy of mine who bought a new 247 about a month ago from BCWS about their financial meltdown. He immediatly called his bank who holds the title to his boat that he traded in and low and behold it has not been paid off! I feel terrible for the guy now. I'm guessing there's going to be a lot more people in a sticky situation like this who may have recently traded in their boats there. I somehow hope the people that are affected by this can take some legal action against them.

That really sucks, what's even worse is there is probably nothing he can do to the dirtbag owner or dealership.

For those needing service, depending on where you are there is Bakes in the Puget Sound & Madras Marine over here on our side of the mountains. Both are quality shops with good reps for taking care of people that walk through the door. A little far to travel, but they'll take care of you.

I have tons of Bridge City horror stories, that I've hesitated to post in the past, but I'll stick the topic of the thread:

Bridge City took over 5 months to pay off my trade-in. I have a feeling the only reason it did get paid off was because of the dozens and dozens and dozens of emails and phone calls I made. They gave me every lie/story in the book as to why it wasn't paid off. In my opinion, Gunther got what he deserved. Hopefully his financial situation and stresses will be 10x that of what he has caused his customers. I just hope the paperwork that I think is in order, really is. We'll see.

I will say that John and Greg (in service) were always very nice. Disorganized as heck, but very nice.

John and Gregg are going to be opening their own service shop. They have always taken very good care of me. I have their phone numbers if anyone is interested.

I am one of those that did recently trade a boat in...I'll be quiet until we get our stuff settled. Then I will have plenty to say.

Wow, things are going to get ugly for BCWS and for some unfortunate, honest, hard working innocent by-standards also! It's not looking good for my buddy. Apparently BCWS sold his trade (An 05 Xstar) without paying it off from his bank. That is some low down shady crap right there! I hope all the scandalous people involved in this operation get what they deserve, a lengthy federal prison sentence! My condolences go out to anyone who may fall victim to this debacle.

I will say that John and Greg (in service) were always very nice. Disorganized as heck, but very nice.

Yep, very nice guys but disorganized is a good way to put it.

I had my boat there on consignment and had to show up with the title to claim the boat. John was great as always. The folks there always treated me really well. There are some good folks that worked at that dealership. Hope whoever takes over Malibu in PDX picks up some of the staff.

Sad to see a Malibu dealer go, but they were a crappy! Hopefully a better dealer will take over the Malibu line in Portland.

I agree.

It is too bad, but they had a lot to learn about running a dealership it seems....there is a dealer up North of here that makes (made) them look really bad.

So fitting my first post is on a thread of this nature. I had shopped for a VLX for about 6 months. I live in Central Oregon 25 minutes from Madras Marine. Who, by the way, are great to work with. But they did not have the boat for me. Bridge City found one from "another dealer going out of business" that was the color and price I wanted. Like a sucker I bit on it and bought from them. I do think I got a smokin' deal. At least I know why now. It took many threatening phone calls and an email directly to Malibu to get my title and registration and the rebate they owned me. Interestingly the checkfor the rebate is drawn on a Bridge City account. I should ptobably just frame it and post it above my urinal. I got to say I was a bit worried.

The salesman "Matt", parts, and shop guys were great. I saw some slime hanging around there on occasion and would guess him to be Gunther. That guy should rot if half of the things mentioned above are true. The only regret I have is not buying my boat from Madras Marine. Justice is served for Bridge City. Rockon.gif

I have been waiting to make this post and now I think I can start enjoying my VLX.

All from Portland... If you are going to drive, head to Madras Marine. You will not be disappointed.

I guess I should be carefeul I could have bought a boat two other people paid for... :)

Sad to see a Malibu dealer go, but they were a crappy! Hopefully a better dealer will take over the Malibu line in Portland.

I'd really like to see Active pick them up.

Thinking it, but didn't say anything as not to jinx it :)

I would be willing to bet that Gunther wasn't the only one over there that knew what was going on. I don't know how people like that can sleep at night. I feel so sorry for the customers that trusted those thieves and got burnt for it. Hopefully all will turn out well for them. Best wishes to those folks!!

I'm not sure that it would be possible to run a shop without at least 1 other person knowing. But maybe not, I guess time will tell. I guess I'm just happy at this point that I never sent anyone their way. Don't get me wrong, I never bad-mouthed them since I don't have any firsthand experience with them other than having been in the shop a few times. I'd heard whispers & a lot of bad press, but didn't want to believe that it could be that bad. I mean, wow.

Maybe with things like this & the Copes/UWS situation, it's making the cream rise to the top. :) It may seem like a vulture type of move, but the good dealers out there need to make the most of it.

Sad so sad. I personally know two 2009 Malibu VLX buyers that just found out they might still own their 07 and 08 boats. Paper work nightmare.

The guys in Madras are awesome but if you dont want to make the drive call AWS.

I had Bridge City work on the Wakeside VLX a couple times but it seemed like they could never finish the job. I started taking it to Active Water Sports in Oregon City and never went back to Bridge City. They are an Indmar certified shop so they can work on Malibu motors. In fact they saved us a ton of money when our transmission went out last year. I see at least one or two Malibu's in the shop everytime I stop by.

Call Matt in Service. (503) 650-5991

Since we have property at Three Rivers at lake Billy Chinook, the boat is over there most of the time anyway. I think I'll have to stop in to Madras Marine introduce myself and see if they'll handle my service needs and any warranty work that comes up in the future.

I am certain others knew what was going on. The salesman new what was going on. Looking back he all but told me to give him a price and I could have the boat. I made an offer that I thought was ethical and crazy low at the same time and they took it. I am only mad I didn't offer lower now. But I will rest well now. Justice will be served. It sucks for some that got caught in the middle. A guy named "Brad" managing partner he knew also. He promised me the world just to get a price from me. I got half from him but the rest is "oh well".

It is going to be 90 degrees tomorrow and I am riding three out of the next five days. I'll give you the devil horns at Billy Chinook if I see you... Rockon.gif

I bought my Vride from Brad almost 2 yrs ago. I did some homework prior to making the buy & came up with quite a few unhappy customers, including several here. Everyone basically told me their support after the sale sucked. So when I went there I knew I was going to do one deal & never go back again. And I pushed Brad hard to make it all right quickly. They had their gelcoat guys & the stereo guy working on it, and Brad digging up everything I was asking for (cooler, spare tire, shirts, dock ties, etc.). Couple hrs later we drove out with the boat. Then it took me about 6 or 7 weeks of phone calls to make sure the title work was done. They still managed to muck it up sending us the title for the trailer, and the credit union the title for the boat.

So our deal went down well compared to others. But I hounded them a lot to make sure it did. Thanks to their vocal customers here on the MalibuCrew who warned me there might be issues. So when I decided to do the deal, my eyes were wide open. I wanted that particular boat bad enough that I was going to do the deal & be very cautious with them.

The word over on pdxwake.com is a new portland Malibu dealer will be announced next week. SOunds like they are speculating it would be AWS. I think that may be too many brands under one roof but we shall see.

The word over on pdxwake.com is a new portland Malibu dealer will be announced next week. SOunds like they are speculating it would be AWS. I think that may be too many brands under one roof but we shall see.

Watch the other lines they carry freak out. Supra/Moomba and MB will not be happy if they picked up Malibu. Who the hell would want a supra/moomba or an MB when they see a malibu sitting right next to them and they can hop in one and then in the other. Probably be a good thing for Malibu though.

Watch the other lines they carry freak out. Supra/Moomba and MB will not be happy if they picked up Malibu. Who the hell would want a supra/moomba or an MB when they see a malibu sitting right next to them and they can hop in one and then in the other. Probably be a good thing for Malibu though.

I think they could definitely have Moomba, Supra, and Malibu. Who is going to get in an MB and then a Malibu and go with the MB? If they want a pickle fork buy an Axis.

In my opinion Gordy at Idaho WaterSports does an awesome job with these three boat lines. Having Malibu would make up-selling easy. The beauty about Skiers Choice and Malibu is that they both use Indmar.

I would be stoked if AWS became the new dealer here in Portland. It would be good for Madras Marine as well. Active wouldn't pull the same BS as Bridge City and sell out of their territory.

Totally agree, & I would go so far as to say that MB & Malibu sell to a different group. MB is almost like a niche brand....someone looking at one wouldn't be looking at a Bu & vice versa. Having Malibu in addition to Supra & Moomba fills the gap that they're lacking, that marquee name. I think that it would be a home run for everyone involved.

And the out of territory stuff is so true.

Sad so sad. I personally know two 2009 Malibu VLX buyers that just found out they might still own their 07 and 08 boats. Paper work nightmare.

The guys in Madras are awesome but if you dont want to make the drive call AWS.

I had Bridge City work on the Wakeside VLX a couple times but it seemed like they could never finish the job. I started taking it to Active Water Sports in Oregon City and never went back to Bridge City. They are an Indmar certified shop so they can work on Malibu motors. In fact they saved us a ton of money when our transmission went out last year. I see at least one or two Malibu's in the shop everytime I stop by.

Call Matt in Service. (503) 650-5991

I guess I didn't realize that was an option. :Doh:

Thanks for the info!

I am certain others knew what was going on. The salesman new what was going on. Looking back he all but told me to give him a price and I could have the boat. I made an offer that I thought was ethical and crazy low at the same time and they took it. I am only mad I didn't offer lower now. But I will rest well now. Justice will be served. It sucks for some that got caught in the middle. A guy named "Brad" managing partner he knew also. He promised me the world just to get a price from me. I got half from him but the rest is "oh well".

It is going to be 90 degrees tomorrow and I am riding three out of the next five days. I'll give you the devil horns at Billy Chinook if I see you... Rockon.gif

Brad was the guy I was referring to when I said 'someone else knew what was going on'. He's also the guy that lied to me about my boat being paid off when they were actually making the monthly payment on MY loan behind my back! (month after month). Thank heavens for online banking or I might not have known.

Totally agree, & I would go so far as to say that MB & Malibu sell to a different group. MB is almost like a niche brand....someone looking at one wouldn't be looking at a Bu & vice versa. Having Malibu in addition to Supra & Moomba fills the gap that they're lacking, that marquee name. I think that it would be a home run for everyone involved.

And the out of territory stuff is so true.

My question is where are they going to put them. They have those boats stacked on top of one another as it is.

This of course is if the rumor is true.