Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Bridge City Watersports in Portland?

Bill_AirJunky

Just got word from a friend that there was a news story on TV recently about a guy who took his boat into his dealer for service. The dealer was Bridge City Watersports. Apparently there was some question as to who owned the boat, the guy who brought it in, who had legit paperwork from Key Bank & a state registration, or Bank of America, who does Bridge Cities' flooring. I guess there was some question as to whether or not BCWS had done all the paperwork after the sale. Apparently they had the police there trying to get to the bottom of it.

I'm trying to find more on the story but haven't found it yet. We bought the Vride there & had a little delay getting a title myself. Took a few phone calls & about 6 or 7 weeks but our title did finally make it into the hands of our credit union.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• WakeGirl

• Maddox

• Bobby Light

• The Voodoo Cowboy

Another forum says they're closing the doors Dontknow.gif Too bad if thats the case

I agree they do take forever to get anything done but have always been nice to work with imo.

What other forum?

Pdxwake,nothing confirmed just "word on the street" at this point.Iam curious what the real outcome will be.

Edited by apwrx

Bridge City is closed. Doors were locked late last week acording to the sales guys that worked there and helped us with our purchase We were/are still waiting for the MSO on our new RLXI when they clsoed. Contacted Malibu Friday and they are working on a replacement MSO for us.

hmmm. . . had heard some rumors.

I am/was scheduled for quick service (install LEDs) tomorrow am.

Wonder if they are done, done. . . .

hmmm. . . had heard some rumors.

I am/was scheduled for quick service (install LEDs) tomorrow am.

Wonder if they are done, done. . . .

Believe me after this they are done done with malibu anyways. I highly doubt Malibu would let them represent their product after this.

I was there on Saturday to pick up my VLX from service. Clackamas County sheriifs dept was there. All the boats were locked up behind the gate. It looked like there were some people taking inventory on the boats. I had to wait for them to verify that I owned the boat. After that, they opened the gate, I hooked up and was on my way.

I would assume they are no longer in business.

I feel bad for all the Malibu owners in the area needing a supporting dealer. Now it's going to be a 3 hour drive to get to another dealer for service.

Not surprising. It took us forever to get our title from them too. They don't seem very organized.

Plus1.gif took a while for the title and over a year for the hull warranty transfer but it did come through.

That sucks all the way around. :-(

I feel bad for all the Malibu owners in the area needing a supporting dealer. Now it's going to be a 3 hour drive to get to another dealer for service.

When a situation such as this occurs, Malibu should let the owners in the area take their boats to another local dealership for warranty work...a Mastercraft/CC dealer or whatever, instead of making them drive 3 hours.

When a situation such as this occurs, Malibu should let the owners in the area take their boats to another local dealership for warranty work...a Mastercraft/CC dealer or whatever, instead of making them drive 3 hours.

Just got back to work form picking mine up for service work. It's been sitting down there 3 weeks and I knew something was up because no one would even answer the phone Th. or Fr. John and Greg in service are standing around helping anyone who shows up to get their boats. I too had to wait for the B of A lady to clear my boat so I could haul it out. They are definately done. The 'glass guy and the mechanic standing there both said they didn't get paid this month.

Was there on Sunday at 10 and no one was there so we returned at noon to find two security guards from bank of america there behind the closed gates. Also a lady from Katu news, she had set off the alarms because the front doors were unlocked but the alarm had been set. There was a hot dog and chips sitting on the counter in the shop with all the lights off, as if they all up and left. The cops arrived soon after we did because of the alarm. They are out of business sad to say... but hopefully Active Water Sports will step up and take over the Malibu line!

Sad to see a Malibu dealer go, but they were a crappy! Hopefully a better dealer will take over the Malibu line in Portland.

I agree.

Sad to see a Malibu dealer go, but they were a crappy! Hopefully a better dealer will take over the Malibu line in Portland.

I agree.

It is too bad, but they had a lot to learn about running a dealership it seems....there is a dealer up North of here that makes (made) them look really bad.

Man that's a good thought but I don't know if I would trust a CC or MC dealer performing service on my BU. I'm sure most of them you could trust, but my luck, mysteriously 6 months or so later I'll have a blown motor and then I'll be paying to much for my replacement boat Whistling.gif

That's a bummer about Bridge City.

I know it's a long drive but if anybody needs any help with their Malibu, Bake's is here to help!

-Paul

Edited by Bake's Marine

So I dug into my own titles & registrations. Our Credit Union was sent the title to the boat. And we were sent the title to the boat trailer (even though both are on the loan). So we'll be OK, even though it was a little messed up.

I emailed KATU asking about any details on what is going on. They sent me the script from when the story aired:

CUSTOMERS AT A BOAT DEALERSHIP IN WILSONVILLE SAY THEY'VE BEEN LEFT HIGH AND DRY--

THE SHERIFF'S OFFICE IS NOW INVESTIGATING WHETHER BRIDGE CITY WATERSPORTS HAS BEEN LYING TO CUSTOMERS-- AS IT TAKES THEIR MONEY.

MARGY LYNCH HAS THIS STORY YOU'LL SEE ONLY ON K-2.

IT LOOKED DARK INSIDE BRIDGE CITY MARINE WATER SPORTS SO WE TRIED THE FRONT DOOR AND WERE SURPRISED TO FIND IT WAS WIDE OPEN

[Duration:0'02"]

(hello? Anybody here?)

[TAKE VO]

{***VO***}

MERCHANDISE LEFT ON THE RACKS,

HALF EATEN FOOD ON THE COUNTER, THERE IS NOONE TO BE FOUND.

AS CONCERNED CUSTOMERS START TO SHOW UP, THEY WANT TO KNOW WHERE THEIR BOATS ARE.

[Duration:0'05"]

(kevin Phelps/Checking for a Friend 11:38:31 they've been calling all week and haven't been able to get ahold of anybody and wondering what was going on 11:38:36)

[TAKE VO]

{***VO***}

THE CLACKAMAS COUNTY SHERIFF'S OFFICE SWARMS THE WILSONVILLE PROPERTY.

AND CUSTOMERS TELL US AS THEY SHOW UP, THEY'RE GETTING AN UNPLEASANT SURPRISE.

JEFF RUSSELL BOUGHT HIS BOAT HERE A YEAR AGO AND BROUGHT IT BACK FOR SERVICE.

HE CHECKED IN WITH INVESTIGATORS ON THE SCENE.

[Duration:0'08"]

(1!:57:14 they said you have proof of ownership go ahead and get it 11:57:17 bank of america was here and said actually this boat has not been paid for even though i've been paying on my note a little over a year now. 11:57:23)

[TAKE VO]

{***VO***}

ANOTHER CUSTOMER TOLD US OFF CAMERA SHE PURCHASED A BOAT HERE, BUT HAS YET TO GET THE TITLE AND HEARS FROM THE BANK THEY NEVER GOT THE MONEY. NOW SHE'S NOT SURE HOW MUCH SHE'LL BE OUT.

[TAKE VO]

{***VO***}

WE TALKED TO EMPLOYEES WHO SHOWED UP LATER HELPING SOME CUSTOMERS RETRIEVE THEIR BOATS.

[Duration:0'04"]

(11:50:07 what happened? i have no idea, i don't have any details )

BUT THE OWNER WASN'T ON SITE.

LATER I TALKED TO HIM BY PHONE.

HE SAYS HES A VICTIM OF TOUGH ECONOMIC TIMES.

[Duration:0'10"]

(11:59:00 who isn't i'm a builder, its tough for everybody. Ther'es ethics and code of conduct you don't do that to fellow friends 11:59:11 fellow friends )

MARGY LYNCH, K-2 NEWS

GUNTHER THOMA DENIED OUR REQUEST FOR AN INTERVIEW BUT SAYS HE'S POURED ABOUT A MILLION DOLLARS INTO HIS BUSINESS TRYING TO SAVE IT.

Edited by Bill_AirJunky

Probably a million dollars that wasn't even his to begin with. "He's the victim here", what a joke.

Edited by 06vlx

We just had a boat from there show up down here today. The customer said he had a appointment friday when he went to drop it off there were security guards there. Seems funny to have a boat effected down here. The customer apparently likes shasta lake.

Edited by CRASH