Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

mud daubers driving me crazy

smeagol

We keep the bu on a lift at our covered dock. Its an awesome setup, so I don't want to complain... but the daubers love the underside of our cover, the bimini, etc. I think they have set up house inside the tower as well. It ends up being very hard to keep mud crumbs out of the boat when we pull back the cover. Not to mention that it feels like they are swarming us when we are hanging out on the dock.

Are there any products/strategies to keep bees off the dock?

There’s a variety of products you can buy at Wally-World, Lowes, ect. Most are a spray cans that shoot 20-30ft. Spraying the dock would be easy. I would think you would be OK to spray up in the tower but I don’t know if it would harm the bimini.

So they create their mud-nests while we are away. Then, when we arrive for the weekend, we have to wash away all these mud-nests (that are full of spiders - which is just a tad gross) that they have built on the hull, in the cover, and in the bimini.

Since you're there only on weekends that makes it a lot tougher. I don't know of any over-the-counter products that would last a week or two at a time. Maybe a pest control company? Other than that you could open your place up to BuCrew members through the week! Rockon.gif Maybe for every hour of mud dauber removal we get the place for a day. Thumbup.gif

Edited by WakingMeHappy

Not sure if it works on mud daubers or not, but we use those yellowjacket/wasp traps all around our place. Their still around but in a lot smaller numbers. The spray stuff from WallyWorld lasts for several weeks at a time underneath our hot tub.