Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Boat cover leaking

I searched but couldn't find anything, the cover on my Bu leaks like a sieve when it rains, just wondering if there is something you can spray on it to seal it or something, scotch guard???

Do what ever you can to avoid sags in the cover where water pools. Overtons sells poles with snap kits to prop up the cover and avoid water pooling.

Put a secondary tarp style cover on top but, don't let the tarp lay flat on the cover at any spot. You need to let air get under there.

post-29-1245634053_thumb.jpg

I used scotchgard in a can, to spray my canvas bow cover a few years ago. I think it worked for the first summer, but I think it made my white fiberglass turn yellowish.

So I bought a new cover, different material, and it worked good for 3 years, and now it leaks right through too. I need to treat it and am in the same boat as you.

Has anyone on here used the aerospace 303?

There is some other stuff that you can find at wal-mart in the sporting goods section it is a silicone spray waterproofer that is suppossed to waterproof any kind of material.

Bottom Line....the new cover last about 2-3 years before it starts leaking. You drop 150 on cleaner and 303 fabrik gaurd and do it right and you get another 1 year. Then you need to do it again for each year to keep it performing like it did in the first 2-3 .

My cover is the stock one that malibu shipped the boat with. Boat has been stored outside all it's life. It's a 2000 boat. I've got about 8 years out of it so far.