Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

vRide or Wakesetter?

passionwake

Hi folks,

I just became a member here as I am planning to become a Malibu boat owner.

I will buy either the 23 vRide or the 23 Wakesetter Lsv.

Some people have told me that the hulls of Malibu used to be too soft in the past, which caused problems. (However could also be a myth)

Knowing that the vRide modells are based on older hull shapes I was wondering how their hull quality is and how it compares to the wakesetter hull quality. Any differences in that regard or is it just the hull shape thats different while the hull technology is the same?

As I am just looking for a basic boat and dont need fancy options I am tending towards the vRide. As I live in Asia there are no new boats to test, so I am wondering about your feedback how the riding of the vRide compare to the wakesetter.

Thanks for your feedback in advance

Hi folks,

I just became a member here as I am planning to become a Malibu boat owner.

I will buy either the 23 vRide or the 23 Wakesetter Lsv.

Some people have told me that the hulls of Malibu used to be too soft in the past, which caused problems. (However could also be a myth)

Knowing that the vRide modells are based on older hull shapes I was wondering how their hull quality is and how it compares to the wakesetter hull quality. Any differences in that regard or is it just the hull shape thats different while the hull technology is the same?

As I am just looking for a basic boat and dont need fancy options I am tending towards the vRide. As I live in Asia there are no new boats to test, so I am wondering about your feedback how the riding of the vRide compare to the wakesetter.

Thanks for your feedback in advance

Hulls too soft??? What the heck does that mean, and what problems were caused???

I've never heard that "myth," but I think it's a total fabrication!

Yes, as I understand it, the vRide is made from the mold of what was formerly the Wakesetter's, prior to

the current Wakesetter hull redesign. So, it's just the hull shape that differs between the two.

I'm fairly certain, however, that Malibu sprays the gelcoat and lays the fiberglass exactly the same for

every boat they produce.

The Wakesetter will have more "bling," (and, obviously, Malibu wouldn't have changed the hull design

if they had thought it was already perfect), but the vRide will be just as well made.

Welcome to TMC, you are making a great choice.

They are both nice boats. What are you planning on doing? The new 23 foot hull has engineering improvements to produce a better wake and handle better. With that said, they are both nice, and you will love either one, but if you want state-of-the-art hull design you go with the LSV.

If you are using in salt or brackish water make sure to get fresh water cooling.

Edited by TheBlackPearl

Thanks for the replies.

I will run the boat in Asia in Salt Water - year round humide, tropical climate. Will just be used for wakeboarding. I will possibly commercialize the boat with a wakeboard school

Thats a myth that just got started right here, right now.

We like'em soft. Makes for easy docking. Just bump'em right in & it's a nice soft landing.

MC on the other hand, very hard, and brittle. They tend break apart when they reenter the atmosphere.

And Tige's are know for being rubbery. If you don't dock them right, they bounce you way back out into the middle of the lake.

Yeah,

I love all these first post guys with some obscure question about some supposed inherent problem with Malibu boats.

Always entertaining. Hope you stay on the site, passion. Welcome.