Jump to content

Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Help - need to replace circulation pump hose

Recommended Posts

My circulation pump hose sprang a decent leak at the "elbow" point. Hose was getting old and tranny screen filter is clear. It's the "J" shaped hose that runs from the circulation pump to the thermostat and is about a foot long. I can order it from Bakes:


but I'm wondering if anyone has tried putting on an automotive radiator flex hose as an alternative. Cool flex makes a very bendable radiator hose but only up to 1¾" width.


Anyone know if it's 1¾" or 2" diameter?

Nearest 'bu dealer that has it in stock is 1½ hours away and we want to get out on the water Saturday. Or, should I go to an auto parts store and find something with a molded "bend" in it and just cut it to size? I'm thinking this would just be a temp solution until I get a replacement ordered... make that two so I have a spare next time!

Any helpful hints appreciated!

Link to comment

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Create New...