Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Malibu better watch out

skisix@38

From Gordon Rathbun's weekly newsletter....

I've been hearing that CC has been working on a new boat- they should because the current boat is realy circa 1997....

Now, I'm going to sit back and eat popcorn..... By posting this I am not saying that CC's are good/bad or ugly. I'm further not saying they are better/worse then any other brand. This is informational only, had this been a real emergency you computer would have hit you already....

"Hello skiers,

In this newsletter we'll mention the brand spanking new slalom boat by Correct Craft

and we'll have some information on Al Lockett's beautiful home on Hidden Lake in

Reno. NV that is for sale.

Correct Craft's New Ski Nautique 200

Correct Craft is introducing this week to the principals of it's dealers, it's new

slalom boat, the Ski Nautique 200. The boat was designed by Andy Mapple and the

Correct Craft engineers.

What is amazing is that in this economy a company's commitment to the industry and

the sport by producing a bigger, better and lighter slalom boat is unprecedented!

Andy is very excited about this boat. It is 6 inches longer and 4 inches wider

(if I remember Andy's comment exactly). The boat has less spray and an even flatter

wake than the current 196 Nautique.

In my opinion the current 196 Nautiqe has the best wake by far of any of the tournament

boats and now with the Ski Nautique 200 it will be even better! The boat will

be available in an open bow or closed bow.

At this point I do not know if we will have one in Acapulco, but we'll try. Photos

of the boat will appear on the Correct Craft website shortly.

ok

appear on the Correct Craft website shortly.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JohnDoe

• 88Skier

• WakeGirl

• mlange

i guess this doesn't really bother me in the slightest... The momentum and future of tournament watersports is all about wakeboarding and wakeskating...

I was really looking forward to seeing that boat. I really don't understand what CC finds so revolutionary. They were able to make a O/B and C/B from the same hull and have them "ski the same" (per Andy M.)...ummmmm, hasn't malibu done that for 10+ years? MC has done for a long time too. Then the dash is so "revolutionary"? They copied the Malivue concept, with CC's dash themes. And that has to be the ugliest most angular interior I've ever seen. I won't be buying.

It looks like no ski locker in the back. I love a ski locker and not making my spotters stand for every ski change. I thought the wake looks good. The boat looks a lot like my 07 Rlxi. I like the graphics but I have always liked the older Rlxi graphics better than 07 and newer. The interior looks to use a lot of strait lines kinda cheep looking.

With all that said I would think you need to see the boat and oh ya ski the boat.

There's a longer video on it at

There's a good shot at 1:55 that shows a 196 and 200 side-by-side coming right at the camera. The chine spray looks significantly better.

That lake is about five minutes from my house, wish I could afford a house on it. I think the Response lxi looks better. Nice to see a new ski boat.

Thanks for the links to the video, that's much better to go with the announcement. Now, seeing this new boat it looks to me like they copied the 03-06 RLXi,

I think it's a load what they are saying on the video but I'll reserve judgement until I ski behind one. Interesting that they got Becky Lathrop in there and Scot Ellis....

I wonder when we can see the price tag for such incredible innovation that has all our rlx's, cbr's and rlxi's obsoleted?

Thanks for the links to the video, that's much better to go with the announcement. Now, seeing this new boat it looks to me like they copied the 03-06 RLXi,

I think it's a load what they are saying on the video but I'll reserve judgement until I ski behind one. Interesting that they got Becky Lathrop in there and Scot Ellis....

I wonder when we can see the price tag for such incredible innovation that has all our rlx's, cbr's and rlxi's obsoleted?

I'll admit I started laughing after Becky was getting bucked back there and then comments on how great the wake is.

...why interesting with Scott? He is on Team Nautique.

Edited by JohnDoe
I think it's cool that one of the big three is building a new ski boat and still remembers the phrase "3 event".

Plus1.gif Say what you will all I know is I would ride behind MC CC or a BU tournament boat any day of the week. All are good. and the worst of them ain't to bad! Each just a little different.

I bought a BU thinking its the best. Whistling.gif

I think it's cool that one of the big three is building a new ski boat and still remembers the phrase "3 event".

I agree, but since the last iteration of the 196 Malibu created the rlxi, the diamond cut hull, and the fxi. Not much of a comparison for the relative contributions to the advancement of 3 event skiing by those 2 manufs.

Things I like:

- exterior

- nearly NO spray

- lack of the 45-degree angle transom

- supposed improved wake

Things I don't like:

- the interior looks horrific!! What is up with all the square edges, there is no flow to the interior whatsoever (seriously add a few holes in the seats and it looks just like the Ski Nautique 2001 I grew up skiing behind in the 90s!)

If all I ever did is ski off a dock behind this thing, it looks great. However there is no way I'm dropping $40K on a boat that is that ugly inside. Hell my 2000 Response LX looks 10 years ahead of the interior design....they best change that for the final version.

IMHO

Things I like:

- exterior

- nearly NO spray

- lack of the 45-degree angle transom

- supposed improved wake

Things I don't like:

- the interior looks horrific!! What is up with all the square edges, there is no flow to the interior whatsoever (seriously add a few holes in the seats and it looks just like the Ski Nautique 2001 I grew up skiing behind in the 90s!)

If all I ever did is ski off a dock behind this thing, it looks great. However there is no way I'm dropping $40K on a boat that is that ugly inside. Hell my 2000 Response LX looks 10 years ahead of the interior design....they best change that for the final version.

IMHO

Plus1.gif

IMHO

40K? I can't imagine that they will let that boat out the door for 40k, but with this economy maybe their premium prices aren't so premium any more. I recall that CC seemed slightly more $$ than Malibus, not sure if that is actually correct (no pun intended) when you get to the nitty gritty deal making though.

IMHO

40K? I can't imagine that they will let that boat out the door for 40k, but with this economy maybe their premium prices aren't so premium any more. I recall that CC seemed slightly more $ than Malibus, not sure if that is actually correct (no pun intended) when you get to the nitty gritty deal making though.

if i can find that boat for $40k i'll buy a six pack of them.

imho i can't see where styling means much.

what i want in a boat isn't in a boat; i want what is behind it and cc (like all mfgrs) has done a pretty good job, sometimes.

i want functional and cc has a good rep w functional (tracking, wake, etc.).

props for putting $$ into a towboat (with what few slalom skiers that are left).

Anytime anyone comes out with a new boat it's going to push the competitors. So the more Malibu, CC and MC try to leap frog each other the better as far as I'm concerned. The obvious problem with that is MSRPs are getting out of control.

I was trying to figure out where the heck you'd store things since there's no trunk in that boat. But it looks like each side has a couple of hinges and there's a "trunk" in each gunwale. Like the change or not, at least the designers are thinking outside the box, which should get Malibu and MC to think outside the box a bit more as well. Win/win.

I bet the actual product will have a better interior. They might have caught Malibu and Master Craft with their pants down IF it really has a much better slalom wake. It may. Malibu has done great with the LXi and getting it to do what it does, seeing its so big and weighs 2,800 lbs. Who would have thunk a smaller, lighter boat would put out a better wake? Maybe now we will see Malibu come full circle.

Edited by 88Skier

The interior reminds me of an Axis. The wake doesn't seem to be all that revolutionary but the lack of spray is an improvement for sure. They said this hull is designed to ride higher in the water. That's why Malibus have always handled better. I wonder how this one drives.